What a awesome case mod!

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

What a awesome case mod!

Post by Anakha56 »

http://rog.asus.com/177472012/sabertoot ... -pǝʇɹǝʌui/
Sabertooth Z77 Mod: Project Inverted (pǝʇɹǝʌuı)

Editors Note: After spotting the incredible Inverted (pǝʇɹǝʌuı) mod featuring the Sabertooth Z77 at its heart, we contacted Martijn to feature it in full here on ROG. It doesn’t just look good too; there’s not a CNC in sight and only one part not made by his own hands, while in addition, Martijn’s approach to neat cabling control or entire replacement is truly exquisite. This project is proof you don’t need a whole workshop to become an world-class modder!

Here’s Martijn to introduce it in his own words:

Project Inverted (pǝʇɹǝʌuı)

My name is Martijn Laman (ZdMods), I’m 35 years old, and I live in The Netherlands.

The build was in my head for a long time and after finishing my last HTPC project. I always liked builds where you can see the hardware, and I decided to put the main hardware on the outside of my build instead of packing it inside a case.
Inverted: Hardware

Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i5-3570K
16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 Memory
Corsair AX750 PSU
Radeon HD 6870 (Has not been upgraded yet, due to lack of funds..lol)
Inverted: Watercooling

2x EK Coolstream XT 240
1x EK RAM Dominator X4 Acetal
1x EK Supreme HF Acetal
1x EK-DDC X-RES 100 Acetal
1x Liang MCP355 Pump
5x Corsair SP120 Fans
52x Bitspower Matt Black Fittings

The bottom of the case has the PSU, pump & reservoir (which sticks out), a fancontroller and a 7″ touchscreen (underneath the radiators). The standing backbone of the case is only 3cm wide, while inside is only 2.5cm of room to play with. This part contains the watercooling tubing, wiring for motherboard, 2 SSD’s and the RGB LED controller.

I built it by hand using basic tools; files, hacksaw and a small drill. The only part I had fashioned externally was the bends in the side-panels, since I don’t have a bending brake machine myself.

Bottom Bars

I really like the look of this :D.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.