Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Chassis Modding

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Kenneth.Rory.Dunn

Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Chassis Modding

Post by Kenneth.Rory.Dunn »

Hi all...

So I've searched the forum and cannot find anything relating to my latest mod... Carbon Fiber Vinyl...

You may be thinking 'What a plank' or 'Some people' but if used right, Carbon Fiber Vinyl is a material which can transform your case with minimal effort.

The stuff is dead cheap and super easy to apply... Forget about buying that can of spray you know isn't gonna quite do the job right... You can get Carbon Fiber Vinyl in any color your heart desires... And stick it on whatever part you wish to change the color and leave a desirable carbon fiber texture.

When it comes to modding, there's no knowledge like shared knowledge so lets share some ideas, examples and questions... If you need guidance on how to apply vinyl, let me know and I'll make a video or something to share the tips and tricks I've picked up on while covering my own case...

My RAIDMAX Smilodon Extreme Black Wrapped
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Chassis Modding

Post by Hman »

Good job, my case needs a new lick of paint, might do this instead.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Nice, have been thinking about doing this for some time, but have not been sure what the end result would be like. But now I see that it looks just awesome, also thinking of using some of that 5bar tread plate inside the case

but good job bro :thumbup:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Nothing to add except for this link about modding with carbon fibre...

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/guides/ ... et+feed%29
Carbon fibre - a modders guide

As materials go, carbon fibre isn't something you'd associate with anything other than a Formula One racing team, or a supercar. However, we've seen a couple of modders incorporate it into their builds over the years (craigbru's OSIDIAS springs to mind), and they're not just using this fancy material for the odd detail either. Forum user Cleveland216, aka Dave Biro, has recently completed a simply stunning tribute to advanced aircraft design using only carbon fibre to construct the outer shell of the case, with an aluminium core.
Take a look for some awesome pics.

Also I cant access FB from work so yeah cant see your pics...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.