USB IPod Shuffle Charger, requirements

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Cupis

USB IPod Shuffle Charger, requirements

Post by Cupis »

Hi Guys,

I would like to undergo a little project of making my own IPod Shuffle power cable. I have already found pricing on one of these simple cables to be 3/5's of the proce of buying a brand new Shuffle, as you can see, this is rather expensive for a cable.

The Cable is simply a USB connector and 4 Pole 3.5mm Jack... My trouble is actually finding a place to buy these connectors? Does anyone know where i can obtain these? I live in Durban?
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: USB IPod Shuffle Charger, requirements

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Which shuffle are you talking about?

And is this the cable you want?

Because if that's the case, you can import one for less than 30 bucks shipped.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Cupis

Post by Cupis »

Its the square looking one :) I am not sure which generation it is :) Although i do not think the cable would have much to do with the generation IPod.

Yes that is precisely the cable im looking for! Where can I import it from? Dealextreme? lol?

My local suppliers and some local sites they charging R375 or something. I asked the IStore and they told me they do not sell these things, and there is only a place in CT that does this sort of thing. What a joke.... i thought hmm, simply USB and 3.5mm Jack maybe i can make my own :P
Cupis

Post by Cupis »

My net is such a fail.... cannot even see my previous reply etc..

Lol, you know i never think of checking overseas sites, as i often think of the schlep of duty or shipping costs. As you can see i have never done much looking into it.

I checked out DealExtreme saw the charger. I have already paid via PayPal a total of R10.50 or something :P Let see whats comes :P

For interest sakes, does anyone know where i can get those connectors anyway :) I feel it will be handy knowledge....