My simple first real mod

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
smokinbarrels

My simple first real mod

Post by smokinbarrels »

Well, as the topic says. Nothing fancy. This is my first real mod. It's not a master piece, but it's something I did my self. Now I can work on improving my modding skills. At the back panel you can see Synthesis's idea,with the 80mm fan hole u-channel molding. I used his idea at the side panel also, with my own improvision. I still need to get some perspex though. But this will do for the time being. The red light inside is actually a led break light. In front I put a 120mm fan. I changed the green power led to a blue one, and also the green led's of the keyboard, I changed to red. And then I just sprayed the frame orange. I still wanna mod the dvd Rw. Some ideas on improving my modding skills would be much appreciated.
Intel Core 2 Duo 3Ghz
Gigabyte Mobo
3Gb DDR2 800
Geforce 9800GT 512Mb
1 x 1TB Seagate Hdd
1 x 320Gb Seagate Hdd
2 x Samsung 22x DVD/RW
LG Flatron W17
500W PSU
Win 7 Ultimate
Reece

Re: My simple first real mod

Post by Reece »

Hey there
i have so far just modded this case, it was not a really big mod but there were some parts that i had to get custom made.
i replaced all the fans with green colored fans and also installed two cold cathode green tube lights, i changed the stock cooler for a cooler master orb, i had the power button made specially for the case and installed green led's behind it to illuminate the button. i resprayed the inside of the case black to make the hardware better to see when lit. the hardware consists of a 2.4 Ghz core 2 duo processor on a gigabyte g31 mobo, 2 Gig ram DDR2 800, XFX geforce 8800 Alphadog edition, 160 Gig HDD, DVD writer and a 650w cooler master power supply.