Cases and your thoughts on them

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Won't this case be nice for modding :?:

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Cool will appreciate that. On the other hand this one looks nice with lots of room to spare. Review sais the only drawback is one cable ment for cable management is a tad on the short side with their test mobo. I don't like the grill in the side panel but that could be replaced with some modding.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

I lvoe the Cosmos S, it's just expensive.

Have you looked at the Antec 1200?

Also, what about the CoolerMaster HAF 432?
to ápeiro anima
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Cool will appreciate that. On the other hand this one looks nice with lots of room to spare. Review sais the only drawback is one cable ment for cable management is a tad on the short side with their test mobo. I don't like the grill in the side panel but that could be replaced with some modding.
a friend has that cosmos s case ... it's a bit of a nightmare when it comes to collecting dust on those front panels, and its friggin heavy, but otherwise it's nice. there's enough space in that thing to sit next to your motherboard while you're installing it!
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

:lol: maybe for a mouse :lol:
to ápeiro anima
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

there is nothing worse than a Vento 7700 when it comes to dust. You can't even clean the thing properly. It has this shiny black which is constantly dusty and it is plastic so it does not matter how you clean it there is always smear marks on it. It has these awkward grills on the front and side which collects dust and you need an ear bud or something to clean that stuff out. It has a dust filter in front which for some or other reason can not be removed from the case. The whole thing is a nightmare. I don't have enough space. My old mobo' (Blitz Extreme) SATA connectors faced forwards and I had to take out almost everything in the case just to plug in one cable. The front door which pops out and flips up gets annoying especially if you have to carry it as you keep pressing the thing and it pops out with the lightest of touches. The power button is under that flip up cover and I once switched my rig off just by closing the panel (There went an uber expensive dual layer DVD).

UrBaN, had a look at that HAF. It is awesome but I was looking for something with a clean and sleek look. Not something that literally looks like it will hover given enough motivation.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:there is nothing worse than a Vento 7700 when it comes to dust. You can't even clean the thing properly. It has this shiny black which is constantly dusty and it is plastic so it does not matter how you clean it there is always smear marks on it. It has these awkward grills on the front and side which collects dust and you need an ear bud or something to clean that stuff out. It has a dust filter in front which for some or other reason can not be removed from the case. The whole thing is a nightmare. I don't have enough space. My old mobo' (Blitz Extreme) SATA connectors faced forwards and I had to take out almost everything in the case just to plug in one cable. The front door which pops out and flips up gets annoying especially if you have to carry it as you keep pressing the thing and it pops out with the lightest of touches. The power button is under that flip up cover and I once switched my rig off just by closing the panel (There went an uber expensive dual layer DVD).
lol ... i never liked the ventoo. the cosmos is just a problem with the grills on the front. the dust doesn't cling to the outside, but it's really noticeable on the grills.
Prime

Post by Prime »

The best case in my opinion is the p190. Solid, excellent cooling and decent dust filters. Plus an insane amount of room and dual modular psu's. Now if only it were alu for weight saving. :(
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

:: Front fan: 23030 mm x 1
:: Top fan: 23030mm x 2
:: Rear fan : 12025 mm x 1
a 23030mm fan :shock: Now how do they fit that in
(W) 243 x (H) 580 x (D) 630 mm
Prime wrote:The best case in my opinion is the p190. Solid, excellent cooling and decent dust filters. Plus an insane amount of room and dual modular psu's. Now if only it were alu for weight saving. :(
If it was alu it would not have been that solid. Looks good though. should be a nice modder
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kratos

Post by Kratos »

Augur, Good day to you sir..
Kratos

Post by Kratos »

I had a Tt Shark case.. was a wicked case. but when i started to work on it, the clips started to break and it became a damn nuisance to reassemble.. AVOID Thermal Take!!
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Kratos, welcome to our humble forum. i do note you share our loathing of all things TT. :lol:
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Hai guys. I just accidentally my whole mod. What should I do? Is this dangerous?
to ápeiro anima
Prime

Post by Prime »

We have a p190 for the home pc, so unfortunately, modding it is strictly off limits.

my own chassis is a tx1050b. Heavy as glory, solid as a rock.

Only dislikes are the wasted space at the top above the psu and the length. Its long enough to fit a 4870 but the power cables stick into the harddrive cage. :( and if you use the fan bracket for the lower cage, you can't get access to the motherboard or install a graphics card. :? As it stands, i have to take the graphics card out to access my drives. :roll:

This could have been fixed by rotating the drive cages 90 degrees. I shall fix this myself o.O
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

UrBaN wrote:Hai guys. I just accidentally my whole mod. What should I do? Is this dangerous?
uhh... What? :?: :? What did you do? lol
Prime

Post by Prime »

:idea:

Erm, how about stickying this thread as a topic for all pc case related discussions?
Prime

Post by Prime »

UrBaN wrote:Hai guys. I just accidentally my whole mod. What should I do? Is this dangerous?
you should rub your wrists along all the sharp edges to check for nasties. :twisted:
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Samaya wrote:
uhh... What? :?: :? What did you do? lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a meme thingy....

"Hai guys, I just accidentally a whole chicken. What should I do, is this dangerous?"

BOT: What are the other mod ideas Raud?
to ápeiro anima
RuadRauFlessa

Re: Cases and your thoughts on them

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Changed the subject and made it sticky.

*Just forgot to add the strawberry jam*
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GrimAndy

Post by GrimAndy »

Hi Guys... Been reading this tread and most of the cases seem pretty awesome... i was recently looking for a new case and checked hundreds of them. From TT to Coolermaster to Lian Li's blah blah really long list... Anyway i ended up settling on a (please dont shout at me) Aerocool Zerodegree. The case is on the cheap and built really well... It's got tons of space inside and everything is arranged very well in the case. Only downside i'de say is that it lakes a cable management solution but hey... we're modders! isnt that something we can handle...

The case has a huge window in it covered in UV reactive plexi which has an awesome glow to it during the day and the massive 250mm fan on the side provides all the arflow ever needed... im typing too damn much. go check it out here... http://www.aerocool.us/case/zerodegree/zerodegree.htm

I wouldnt recomend any other Aerocool cases though... im just not into flimsy plastic :) but the Zerodegree is Naice!
"Pull The Trigger And The Nightmare Stops"
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.skampy.co.za

http://grimandy.mybrute.com
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hi, i'm having a nice little dilemma. I'm not happy with my TX1050B. I'm considering swapping this case for the case on the other machine which is a P190.

However that makes the problem of weight worse :( It goes up from 13Kg's empty to about 19 :shock:

I'm also considering simply selling my chassis and getting a cm590.

Any advice?

I'm not really interested in other cases, i need space for at least 4 hdd's, up to 6 and decent cooling. and if i sell my case, i might get R700 for it as i've sleeved the cables and added in fans. So budget of about R800
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Prime, why arent you happy with your case?

personally..... you should look at a case like mine..... plenty space and weighs almost naught...
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Prime

Post by Prime »

Layout, cable management. Also airflow is bad. And then there is weight. Although i don't move it often so thats less of a concern.

your case doesn't look appealing. Besides, alu scratches really easily.

the p190 has serious wattage and good airflow. The cm 590 also has good airflow. The difference in price would be the dual psu's already in the antec.

and both look reasonably plain in front. :D
justinufo

Post by justinufo »

Prime, there a CM590 on Prophecy going for a good price if your looking for 1.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I'm going to pass on it, I am absolutely flat broke.