I am back!

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Maizey

I am back!

Post by Maizey »

I am glad to say that we are back and will be able to assist with any questions or help needed on the Perspex / Plexi side. :hello1:

I will continue my reading on the forums to see all the good work done by all you guys and girls, hopefully being able to lend a hand and one day completing a Maizey Mod.

It is nice to be back.

Happy modding all.
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: I am back!

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Nice to have you back, dude :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Good, I'm thinking of making a nice case from scratch... and I will need a lot of plexi :wink:
senile

Post by senile »

Why does Maizey only sell perspex in 5mx5m sheets? That's enough to complete my mod and have enough left over to build a boat :?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Dude you can buy smaller pieces? They even cut it for you?
senile

Post by senile »

I asked them for a small piece but they said they only sell 5mx5m. East Lynn branch.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

senile wrote:I asked them for a small piece but they said they only sell 5mx5m. East Lynn branch.
That's odd, I've bought tons of smaller pieces there.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeah.

They must have misunderstood you, or you them, because not even their sheets are 5x5m
Maizey

Post by Maizey »

@ Senile: What type or coulour Perspex or Plexi are you looking for?
Yes, we dont sell 5m x 5m but if it is one of the standard colours, you could buy as little as 1 pcs of 100mm x 100mm.
Our sheet sizes are 3m x 2m and can be sold in half sheets also. 1,5m x 2m. This applies to non standard colours like the satinice finish and flourescent colours.

Hopefully I will be able to get my creative side working harder in the future, this will allow me to show some new applications and ideas for the future. :wink:
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Maizey, how much are you asking for the 2x3m sheets? I'm looking to use the dark blue plexi again. I'm not sure exactly what it's called but this is how it looks like:

And do you ship to places outside pretoria? Thanks.
senile

Post by senile »

@ Maizey

I was looking for the fluorescent type, acid green. 500mmx500mm piece. Maybe a couple more pieces later.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

The acid green is one of those non-standard sheets. So you'll have to buy 1,5m x 2m sheet. (I tried to get a piece for my previous mod and buying half a sheet didn't sit well with my wife :oops: )
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

1 word... Reserlol.
Maizey

Post by Maizey »

@ TheModDoctor - The colour that you are looking for is blue 700, dark blue transparent. It is a Perspex and can be bought in small pieces and will probalbly set you back about R130.00 excl VAT. Yes we also deliver outside Pretoria. (Please specify outside Pretoria)

@ senile - Bad news on that awesome colour. Samaya is right, we only sell full and half sheets of the non standard colours. Price is +/- R1050.00 excl VAT for half a sheet. Get someone to share wih you?
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

Maizey wrote:Yes we also deliver outside Pretoria. (Please specify outside Pretoria)
Hartbeespoort/Brits area. And how much for shipping? Thanks :)
Maizey

Post by Maizey »

We have trucks going out to these areas on a regular base. The best is to speak to our Pretoria West branch (012) 352 2000 and find out when they have a truck in the area. Normally there wont be a shipping charge if you are willing to wait when a truck is there.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hi,

How much is black plexi per square metre? :) 2 to 3 mm thick
Can you guys bevel edges?
Thanks.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

1) You don't get plexi in 2mm thick sizes, so you're looking at probably R250 for 3mm, maybe even R300. Somewhere around there, based on my own experience :) You can also buy 1.5mm thick plexi, but I'm PRETTY sure that that'll be a whole lot more expensive, and it only comes in a transparent, colourless form AFAIK.

2) No. They only cut, and they cut badly, so order your plexi 4mm larger than what you need, so that you have 2mm on each side to sand and polish the edges yourself :)

3) You're welcome :P
Prime

Post by Prime »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:1) You don't get plexi in 2mm thick sizes, so you're looking at probably R250 for 3mm, maybe even R300. Somewhere around there, based on my own experience :) You can also buy 1.5mm thick plexi, but I'm PRETTY sure that that'll be a whole lot more expensive, and it only comes in a transparent, colourless form AFAIK.

2) No. They only cut, and they cut badly, so order your plexi 4mm larger than what you need, so that you have 2mm on each side to sand and polish the edges yourself :)

3) You're welcome :P
Thanks et.

1.5 is way to thin. This is the cover on my case.

I'll order it in coming weeks then. 4mm extra is to little on the edges. The power saw will easy knock 3 off. So duly noted and I'll give myself extra.