7600GS or 6800GS???

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
kenjijonez

7600GS or 6800GS???

Post by kenjijonez »

I have the option of getting a 6800GS to replace my 7600GS. Just wanted to know if there's anyone who knows if this will be advantageous to my system and scores?? or, should i rather wait for now, and get a DX10 card when i'm a millionaire??

thanks..

im getting 16371 on 3dMark2001. I know its dated, but, i like it...

i still have to test the 6800GS. just want some info before i go ahead and make a possibly bad decision.

thanks.....again
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Hmmm... I just have one concern about this review... there are a host of different 7600GS cards and they all have different frequencies etc. depending on the manufacturer... some have active other passive cooling... My 7600GS differs a lot from the one in the above review so if I was you I would compare my specific current card with the specific new card (and I don't know the 6800 but I was able to get a lot more out of my 7600GS OCing it and it made a lot of difference in real world terms if I look at the increase in frame rates I got and it bumped my 3DMark06 score up from +-2500 to over 3000...)

I got my frequencies up from 400Mhz to 650Mhz on the GPU and from 700 to 970Mhz on the memory... runs cool (mine has a fan) and works perfectly with no problems... so I dunno if it is really worth it getting the other card if there is still some oomph left it the old one... and if you don't buy thus one now and save some more you might not need to be a millionare to get a DX10 card (but keep in mind you will also still need Vista)...
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!