Thermaltake Element V

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!

Watcha think?

Do
69%
Don't
31%
Oops
No votes

Total votes: 16

lancelot

Re: Thermaltake Element V

Post by lancelot »

This thread has been reported, I am locking it for now, it has run past its sell by date anyway.

Unlocked by request
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Warnings issued .... Thread Unlocked.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hey look, a mole hill! :|

Personally I like Antec, their stuff is solid! But it loses in the mass department :lol:

Things fail on any case: Ports, fans, threads, but it can happen with any brand. Threads are more likely to strip on ALU though.

And Honestly, despite what you may think, 3 or 4 years down the line, you probably wont recycle your case. Hardware requirements change. The graphics cards are getting bigger, the PSU's are getting longer, things are running hotter.

So at the end of the day, buy whatever you like.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Lian-Li PC-A77F
That is my case.
I cannot begin to congratulate you for raising your standard by including this in your shortlist - and I'm not saying this from a fanboi mouth or because Dae also likes them.

When you buy a case over R1200, (as a non-modder) you get it with ONE reason in mind -
Longevity!

It needs to house as many as 3-5 complete upgrades.
As such, you need an internal build that is totally durable. Lian Li.

In my 15 odd years of owning home PC's I have had firstly a cheap back-shelf cases (R300), that was upgraded to a thermaltake, which was great for the first build. Then I upgraded and some of the clips by the addon cards got buggered. I also had to bend a pin on the hard drive bay a few months later to remove the main HDD. These were not my fault -it was a design and "patent" problem.
The case pissed me off so much, I got another cheapy R350 one - I just could not justify paying that much again for the crapp I had.

Three weeks ago, new upgrade, got the Lian Li you mention above.
Man... I'm no pro and could immediately see the diffs in quality vs that infernal TT.
sektor-05

Post by sektor-05 »

Prime wrote:

Personally I like Antec, their stuff is solid! But it loses in the mass department :lol:

Things fail on any case: Ports, fans, threads, but it can happen with any brand. Threads are more likely to strip on ALU though.

And Honestly, despite what you may think, 3 or 4 years down the line, you probably wont recycle your case. Hardware requirements change. The graphics cards are getting bigger, the PSU's are getting longer, things are running hotter.

So at the end of the day, buy whatever you like.
I have to say +1 to Antec, even the lower range cases come with decent power supplies. Build quality is superb in my opinion.

lancelot wrote:This thread has been reported, I am locking it for now, it has run past its sell by date anyway.

Unlocked by request
Jeez why would anyone report this thread? Unless of course it was an oversensitive fanboi :lol: :lol:
Smilodon111

Post by Smilodon111 »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Warnings issued .... Thread Unlocked.
...quickest way to get I.T gangsters to start war - mention thermaltake.... :twisted:

well all said & done, still agree with DJV 100% - i had 3 thermaltake lightpower 700W's & 2 thermaltake soprano Dx's returned in the past month....reason:

1. all psu's died.
2. the cases screwless latches for drives broke on installation.

there products do look nice - i LOVE the swordM but no, i would never buy it.

[Core i7 930] [12GB Corsair Dominator CL8 XMP 1.65v] [Asus Rampage II Extreme] [Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition 2GB DDR5] [Corsair HX-750W Modular] [32GB OCZ Onyx SSD] [3TB Seagate Barracuda's] [Coolermaster Cosmos S] [Coolermaster Sickle Flow 120's] [Logitech G11] [Razer Death Adder 3500DPI w/ Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Sized] [Logitech Z2300 THX] [Samsung Sync Master 2494HS 24" LCD]
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Thanks for all the input... it is greatly appreciated. I am just awaiting final prices from my connections then I will make the decision. It is probably going to be the LL over the TT regardless of the price.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
R3D

Post by R3D »

a case is a case man. Its whats inside that matters