How to REALLY cool your CPU...

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
Samaya

How to REALLY cool your CPU...

Post by Samaya »

I found this little device and thought I have to share it with you guys. You can get it locally from RS

Click here

I just saw one working and it is VERY impressive. The only drawback is the amount of power it draws. The CPU sized Peltier cooler with a temperature delta of 150C costs about R230.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: How to REALLY cool your CPU...

Post by KALSTER »

Don't you have to worry about condensation with these things?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

KALSTER wrote:Don't you have to worry about condensation with these things?
Not really if you do a proper installation you should not have a problem....these days you get special sealant spray think it is silicon based can't remember.But any ways stops it from from collection in the wrong places as well as plastic sheet designs for the cpu socket that I have seen some where on the web that funnels any unwanted liquid away from the area....
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Tsotsie

Post by Tsotsie »

I've been using one for quite some time, but do not throw away your stock cooler as you will need it to cool your new cooler; the colder you can keep the heated side the colder it will keep your CPU. I’m running an AMD Phenom II X4 945 clocked to 3.6. The temps are 3-4 on idle and about 13 on extreme load
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Welcome Tsotsie, do us a favour and show us how you managed to fit these onto your CPU ?
I would love a guide to do it, as I have a few of these lying around at home
Temporary Absence
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

You do know that a 67°C delata in temp will pull every conceivalbe chip in your PC (except for the GPU) into the negatives :?:

And those are actually cheap... I am not officially tempted to get one to play with on an old rig. See how far you can push a P1
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I just need to know how to do it - would be awesome to actually get this going --_--
Temporary Absence
Tsotsie

Post by Tsotsie »

On my first attempt without the extra heat sink, I used a small piece of wood. Four holes in the same location on the motherboard’s and bolts with rubber washers underneath the board. I'm now using it under my water block with the bracket bent a little to allow for the extra space beneath. Will post photos as soon as I find my card reader.
Prime

Post by Prime »

I'd love to see what could be done with a cryocooler on a CPU ( a stirling engine run in reverse). :twisted:
N3G4T1v3

Post by N3G4T1v3 »

Samaya wrote:I found this little device and thought I have to share it with you guys. You can get it locally from RS

Click here

I just saw one working and it is VERY impressive. The only drawback is the amount of power it draws. The CPU sized Peltier cooler with a temperature delta of 150C costs about R230.
I'm not very clued up on peltiers, but most those on the list are very low wattage, can't imagine them dissipating/moving much heat at such low wattage
but correct me if I'm wrong

Anyway, nice find, so many cool things to look at :P