Remote Lanning/Gaming

Network problem solving and tweaks
Chaos7z

Remote Lanning/Gaming

Post by Chaos7z »

I am looking for a way to set up a long distance Lan for gaming and data transfer with a friend. Problem is i am stuck without internet, all i have is a 3G dongle. I have used this dongle which has no data on it to remotely connect to several machines in the past through the DNS/DYN server they set up to communicate in remote view. Is there any possibility that i can somehow set up a offline server such as that so that we can both reach it and essentially simulate a physical connection?
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Re: Remote Lanning/Gaming

Post by Bladerunner »

Chaos7z wrote:I am looking for a way to set up a long distance Lan for gaming and data transfer with a friend. Problem is i am stuck without internet, all i have is a 3G dongle. I have used this dongle which has no data on it to remotely connect to several machines in the past through the DNS/DYN server they set up to communicate in remote view. Is there any possibility that i can somehow set up a offline server such as that so that we can both reach it and essentially simulate a physical connection?
Rent a low end box at $3-$5 a month. Dunno about gaming, but you'll be able to dump files and retrieve it at will.
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker