Could foreign spy agencies infiltrate "hacktivist" networks?

Viruses, hackers and crackers
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Could foreign spy agencies infiltrate "hacktivist" networks?

Post by Ron2K »

PC Pro wrote:Foreign powers could try to infiltrate hacktivist networks in order to manipulate their actions, according to a security expert who advises governments and businesses on internet issues.

The warning comes as governments and corporations - including defence manufacturers - come under widespread attack from hacker groups such as LulzSec and Anonymous, and amid growing fears about cyber espionage from sovereign powers, especially China.

Likening the emergence of the hacktivist movement to the arrival of militant groups such as the Red Brigade during the 1970s, government advisor and chair of the International E-crime Congress, Simon Moores, said that hacker groups could eventually be swayed by outside influences.
Full article

Personally, I believe that this is not a question of "if", but of "when".
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Could foreign spy agencies infiltrate "hacktivist" netwo

Post by StarBound »

They could infiltrate but if its anything like SA it would end up with infiltrating then cough, cough, hand shake, and report back with nothing wrong after 20million rands just disappears or something in that line. And what about these spy agencies getting the hackers to hack another countries sensitive materials. They mentioned China and I am almost certain its from a US stand point.

Eventually World War 3 will be fought online in a Call of Duty game with aimbots and wall hacks.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.