LulzSec and Anonymous team up

Viruses, hackers and crackers
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

LulzSec and Anonymous team up

Post by Ron2K »

Slashdot wrote:After a brief spat where the notorious Anonymous hacking collective sniped at Lulzsec, the 'upstart' hacking collective, for crowing about low-rent Denial of Service attacks on the CIA and 4chan websites, the two groups have apparently teamed up in operation Anti-Sec. The operation's: 'Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood.' We can only predict that the following will be unpredictable: store canned food and flash batteries, change your eBanking password daily.
Source

:run4hills:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: LulzSec and Anonymous team up

Post by hamin_aus »

Yeah, the Anon script kiddies were just butthurt because Lulsec did the same tired DoS, but got a bigger following - the joy of twitter...

lulsec did manage to bring down WoW in the US - not a small achievement, but their real innovation was that they managed to get a 1-800 number to divert to WoW tech support and flood the call centre with bogus call, stopping legit callers from getting thru. Very innovative.

Also flooding the magnets.com helpline with "f@#$ing miracles" was hilarious.
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Does this really involve the majority of Anonymous? I am indeed enjoying the "Lulz" provided by LulzSec, but I'm not sure Anonymous would partake in this. There have been calls for Anonymous to join, but I didn't follow up on the response.

Never been a fan of authority, so I have no issues with attacking government organisations. :P
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Prime

Post by Prime »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/2 ... lp00000008
suspicion of hacking attacks on Sony and the CIA website, British police said Tuesday.

The Metropolitan Police said the arrest took place following a joint operation by its Internet crimes unit and the FBI.

Police would not say if the suspect was tied to the Lulz Security hacking collective, which has claimed responsibility for recent high-profile attacks, but did confirm that a computer seized in the operation will be examined for Sony data.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

/Use this as the Lulz page...

Here is some for you a group of hackers called "Web Ninjas" are on a mission to expose LulzSec and assist the authorities in taking them down.

http://lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com/p/team-lulzsec.html
LulzSec Exposed
If LulzSec can expose security holes, We can expose their holes, How about this for LULZ? - Team Web Ninjas
Team LulzSec
LulzSec is an Anonymous Splinter group led by Sabu -@anonymousabu . Most of the members were part of HBgary hack.

Team Members

Main Crew - Sabu,Topiary,Kayla ,Tflow

Sub Crew - Joepie, Avunit ,Neuron, Storm, Pwnsauce, devrandom, Redacted , trollpoll, voodoo, Nakomis, Barret Brown

Skills

Hackers in the Group - Sabu, TrollPoll, Tflow, Kayla, Avunit, VooDoo, Redacted, Devrandom

DDOS - Storm

PR - Joepie, Topiary, Barret Brown and Nakomis

Coders - Pwnsauce and Neuron

Source - Chat log of LulzSec
This is getting fun, apparently they have the info on all the members and are withholding it for the authorities. Follow the link for more...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

They have some of the members internet monikers...
Hardly anything surprising - especially since anyone who spent more than an hour on 4chan over that past week would have seen over 9000 posts with links to chat logs.

But I ain't even mad :D
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Bladerunner wrote:Does this really involve the majority of Anonymous? I am indeed enjoying the "Lulz" provided by LulzSec, but I'm not sure Anonymous would partake in this. There have been calls for Anonymous to join, but I didn't follow up on the response.

Never been a fan of authority, so I have no issues with attacking government organisations. :P
Boet, you might be a computer boffin, but you suck at being anonymous...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Prime

Post by Prime »

I would hope they have the brains to keep that info backed up on an offline pc! But this is stupid, why announce you are going after them, if they don't know, they can't go after you!
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Attention whoreing if you ask me.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

doo_much wrote: Boet, you might be a computer boffin, but you suck at being anonymous...
I don't participate in Anonymous' operations nowadays. It was fun, but I don't have the time anymore.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Bladerunner wrote:I don't participate in Anonymous' operations nowadays. It was fun, but I don't have the time anymore.
Please, tell us another one!
What else did you participate in?
The border war in the 80's?
The landings at Normandy perhaps?
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

jamin_za wrote:
Bladerunner wrote:I don't participate in Anonymous' operations nowadays. It was fun, but I don't have the time anymore.
Please, tell us another one!
What else did you participate in?
The border war in the 80's?
The landings at Normandy perhaps?
I wanted to surprise you with a tale of storming Red Square, but you probably wouldn't believe me... :P
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

No I would!!!
I heard some idiot ran into a Red Square, doused himself in Channel#5 and ran out screaming something about being forever alone :P
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

jamin_za wrote:No I would!!!
I heard some idiot ran into a Red Square, doused himself in Channel#5 and ran out screaming something about being forever alone :P
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

www.bbc.co.uk wrote:Soca hacking suspect Ryan Cleary freed on bail

Ryan Cleary, 19, must observe a curfew between 2100 BST and 0700 BST, be electronically tagged and only leave the house with one of his parents.

The teenager, from Wickford, Essex, is not allowed to access the internet or possess devices which can go online.

He was arrested as part of a Scotland Yard and FBI probe into online hacking group LulzSec.

The group claims responsibility for hacking attempts on Soca, the US Senate and the CIA.

Mr Cleary is alleged to have set up a distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack on the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) on 20 June.

A DDOS attack typically involves flooding a target website with data, in an attempt to overwhelm it so it cannot serve its legitimate users.

His mother, Rita spoke at Southwark Crown court on Monday to say she would agree to any bail conditions imposed on her son, who has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome since his arrest.

Describing him as "my life", she said: "I'm aware that I'm his best friend as well as his mother, because he's reclusive."

After the hearing, Mr Cleary's solicitor, Karen Todner, issued a statement on behalf of her client saying he was very relieved to be granted bail "and to go home to his mum, his cats and his books".

She continued: "Ryan has last week at court been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, which is a form of high functioning autism.

"He will now be provided with the professional support that he needs. His obvious intelligence can now be channelled into a worthwhile pursuit."

The case is due to be heard again at Southwark Crown Court on 30 August.

Thats pretty much what I imagined your typical lulzsec farktard to be... a semi-functional human being with limited social skills.

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

http://arstechnica.com/security/news/20 ... wanted.ars
LulzSec calls it quits, claims 50 days of mayhem was all it wanted
By Peter Bright | Published a day ago

Lulz Security, the group of hackers that have made a name for themselves with hacks of Sony, Nintendo, PBS, and more, claimed yesterday that it was calling it quits, with no more hacking or releases of stolen documents under the LulzSec name planned for the future. To celebrate the end of LulzSec, the group released final torrent of pilfered material: more documents and user credentials from a range of sources including AOL and AT&T.

The press release claims that LulzSec only planned to operate for fifty days, and hence that this decision to ditch the LulzSec name was not being made in response to the continued pressure the group is coming under from both law enforcement and other hacking groups. This claim is a little hard to reconcile with the release of documents stolen from the Arizona DPS that the group made on Friday. That publication was claimed to be the first of many, with more documents due to arrive on Monday, and subsequent documents on a weekly basis. If such releases are made, they won't be under the LulzSec brand.

The documents released on Friday were collected as part of "Operation Anti-Security", the name LulzSec has given to a bunch of attacks made on law enforcement and private security companies. In the press release announcing the retirement of the LulzSec name, the group expressed the hope that AntiSec would continue, and that security organizations would continue to come under attack. AntiSec was itself somewhat contradictory: LulzSec always maintained that it was motivated by amusement rather than political principles, and yet the decision to specifically make law enforcement agencies the target was an apparently political one.

These political motivations are also hard to reconcile with many of the releases the group has made; even the last torrent of information contained usernames and password hashes for gaming forums and the game Battlefield Heroes. As a result of that security breach, EA has taken Battlefield Heroes offline until the problem can be remedied. The torrent itself has been pulled by The Pirate Bay after it was found that the files taken from AT&T included malware.

One factor that may have encouraged LulzSec to retire its name and perhaps keep a lower profile is the continued efforts by the group's opponents to uncover the identities of those behind the LulzSec name and publish as much personal information about them as possible. A group calling itself The A-Team posted a substantial amount of data about members of LulzSec yesterday, and this release may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, forcing LulzSec to drop out of the public eye.

Though the LulzSec name may now be dead, former members are promising that its AntiSec mission will continue, albeit in a less centralized way.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Fourteen individuals were arrested today by FBI agents on charges related to their alleged involvement in a cyber attack on PayPal’s website as part of an action claimed by the group “Anonymous"
Source
*edit

And some more here.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey