English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Prime

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by Prime »

Guess I'll go to bed. No one is here to chat with :/
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

Tribble wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 13:57
KatrynKat wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 12:17
Prime wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 11:33
KatrynKat wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 09:57 Look... I can handle being stuck in the flat, there are ways to deal with it and we can still go to the shops when needed... but what I can't handle is people in the complex thinking that they are the next best Idol singer... O. M. W. the falseness and off-keyness and everything that goes with it... We hear it from next door, and one floor down, and the next block... And sitting with headphone on, listening to music helps but then I miss when Elsa meows at me cause her ears hurt from the falseness and off-keyness... just 2 more weeks...
I'd offer to bake them a cake if they'll stop playing :lol: :P
Cake baking is for special people... Will be baking this afternoon for tomorrow... :P
Someone's birthday if I remember correctly
Tell him I say happy birthday
It is and I will do so...

We've had to move our wedding anniversary holiday till later in the year... was supposed to go next weekend for 4 nights (same place as honeymoon) but alas... will be celebrating it under lock down as well...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

Prime wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 15:34 Guess I'll go to bed. No one is here to chat with :/
Your choice to live upside down like half of the forumites... :D
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hey, at least I live in the future :P
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Prime wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 16:34 Hey, at least I live in the future :P
And you get older faster than we do.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Prime wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 23:28 Funny, they're just like Mac Keyboards, full of buttons and letters :lol: :P
But no command key, which is kinda essential on a MacBook.
SykomantiS wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 15:47
Prime wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 15:19 Apparently "We built this city on rock and roll" is the worst song of all time. Who knew? :lol:
Baby shark disagrees.
Have you been introduced yet to the I'm a Banana / I'm Blue singoff?
KatrynKat wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 09:57 Look... I can handle being stuck in the flat, there are ways to deal with it and we can still go to the shops when needed... but what I can't handle is people in the complex thinking that they are the next best Idol singer... O. M. W. the falseness and off-keyness and everything that goes with it... We hear it from next door, and one floor down, and the next block... And sitting with headphone on, listening to music helps but then I miss when Elsa meows at me cause her ears hurt from the falseness and off-keyness... just 2 more weeks...
Actually, that sounds a lot like the South African edition of Idol.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Hey, Primesy, settle this for us: Is Australia real? Flat earthers tell me it's not. Are you and hamin and Ryan just hunkered together in a bunker somewhere in the Karoo?

Be honest.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

You know a REALLY fun thing to do in lockdown? Get sick and make a doctor's appointment. It feels not dissimilar to arranging prison visitation.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Stuart wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:46 Hey, Primesy, settle this for us: Is Australia real? Flat earthers tell me it's not. Are you and hamin and Ryan just hunkered together in a bunker somewhere in the Karoo?

Be honest.
Trust me, it's real. :)

Though, what amuses me is the way the flat-earthers claim that QF 63 and QF 64 (the Qantas SYD-JNB and JNB-SYD flights) are fake, due to the great circle route taking it to the vicinity of Antarctica (and sometimes to the Antarctic coast itself, if the winds result in a more southerly routing). They're definitely not fake: family and I use those flights to see each other as they're one of only two sensible ways to travel between ZA and NZ, and it's a faster and shorter option than the alternative Singapore routing.

... well, until Qantas cancelled all their international flights. Going to miss those 747s on the route when it restarts though...

Must say though, people are having loads of fun trolling the flat-earthers around these flights... :lol:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Stuart wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:46 Hey, Primesy, settle this for us: Is Australia real? Flat earthers tell me it's not. Are you and hamin and Ryan just hunkered together in a bunker somewhere in the Karoo?

Be honest.
I wouldn't want to be hankered in a bunker in the Karoo with Hammy :lol: :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tribble wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 17:08
Technically we still age at the same rate :twisted:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Spoiler (show)
IMG-20200416-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200416-WA0010.jpg (80.4 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Mousey is there something you want to tell us? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Prime wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 05:08
Yes but as your 24 hour period starts faster - you get older before I do. And that is an achievement I tell you.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Stuart wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:51 You know a REALLY fun thing to do in lockdown? Get sick and make a doctor's appointment. It feels not dissimilar to arranging prison visitation.
Daughter was in a lot of pain yesterday - seems her anxiety caused another ulcer. So we went to the doctor. Only she was allowed in after they took her temp. I had to stay outside. She was prescribed some antidepressant that was supposed to help with the anxiety. By last night her pupils were unresponsive and dillated, she was shivering and shaking, in a huge amount of pain. So I rushed her to emergency. Seems the meds actually heightens the anxiety in the first few days! Are doctors stupid ????!!!! Yesterday cost 2k and a terrible experience. She is now feeling drugged and disoriented so I just sent her back to bed. Hopefully the drugs work out of her system soon.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Prime wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 05:12
Spoiler (show)
IMG-20200416-WA0010.jpg
Mousey is there something you want to tell us? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
He has a successful movie career ?
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tribble wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 08:27
Stuart wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:51 You know a REALLY fun thing to do in lockdown? Get sick and make a doctor's appointment. It feels not dissimilar to arranging prison visitation.
Daughter was in a lot of pain yesterday - seems her anxiety caused another ulcer. So we went to the doctor. Only she was allowed in after they took her temp. I had to stay outside. She was prescribed some antidepressant that was supposed to help with the anxiety. By last night her pupils were unresponsive and dillated, she was shivering and shaking, in a huge amount of pain. So I rushed her to emergency. Seems the meds actually heightens the anxiety in the first few days! Are doctors stupid ????!!!! Yesterday cost 2k and a terrible experience. She is now feeling drugged and disoriented so I just sent her back to bed. Hopefully the drugs work out of her system soon.
Yeah, you don't just take SSRIs without building it up. Otherwise the overdose of serotonin makes you feel nauseous and other things.

That's why they usually prescribe a short term anti-anxiety / sedative medication like urbanol to compensate until the long term meds kick in.

:s
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Tribble wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 08:20
Yes but as your 24 hour period starts faster - you get older before I do. And that is an achievement I tell you.
You forget that I'm further in the future than he is... ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ron2K wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 10:52 You forget that I'm further in the future than he is... ;)
Oooh yes - that is true. So you get older before we do :D
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Prime wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 10:27 Yeah, you don't just take SSRIs without building it up. Otherwise the overdose of serotonin makes you feel nauseous and other things.

That's why they usually prescribe a short term anti-anxiety / sedative medication like urbanol to compensate until the long term meds kick in.

Yea stupid doctor. Shows that pretty isn't always smart.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

Ron2K wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 10:52
Tribble wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 08:20
You forget that I'm further in the future than he is... ;)
The Old One is your new name... not The Blue One... :lol:
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

WOW... hope she is OK... anxiety is not a thing to play around with... As Prime said, maybe "softer" meds to begin with should have been prescribed... or something for anxiety and not depression. I myself am on anti-anxiety meds but only drink it when at work or when needed (and no it's not urbanol, something stronger), started when I got to the end of my thesis writing and the anxiety got too much...

Maybe talk about what is causing the anxiety, I know it is a stressful time at the moment, for all, but trying to get to the root cause could help in trying to ease her anxiety... extroverts are struggling more than the introverts...

Big huggs and good luck!!
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

Tribble wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 11:04
Prime wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 10:27 Yeah, you don't just take SSRIs without building it up. Otherwise the overdose of serotonin makes you feel nauseous and other things.

sigh... I wouldn't mind McSteamy or McDreamy being my doks... sigh... I would become a hypochondriac just to see them... :P

But yes... pretty or ugly, young or old doesn't mean smart...
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

KatrynKat wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 11:48
WOW... hope she is OK... anxiety is not a thing to play around with... As Prime said, maybe "softer" meds to begin with should have been prescribed... or something for anxiety and not depression. I myself am on anti-anxiety meds but only drink it when at work or when needed (and no it's not urbanol, something stronger), started when I got to the end of my thesis writing and the anxiety got too much...

Maybe talk about what is causing the anxiety, I know it is a stressful time at the moment, for all, but trying to get to the root cause could help in trying to ease her anxiety... extroverts are struggling more than the introverts...

Big huggs and good luck!!
Yes she has borderline personality disorder - so anxiety is part of her make-up. I was not with her when these were given as only she was allowed in. But our actual plan is for her to see a psychiatrist. The psychologist wasn't really helpful.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

KatrynKat wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 11:51

sigh... I wouldn't mind McSteamy or McDreamy being my doks... sigh... I would become a hypochondriac just to see them... :P

Yes - and neither is having a medical degree. She should have wondered by my daughter has recurring stomach ulcers - then she would have found out that anxiety is the cause.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tribble wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 12:49
KatrynKat wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 11:51

Yes - and neither is having a medical degree. She should have wondered by my daughter has recurring stomach ulcers - then she would have found out that anxiety is the cause.
So that in itself is complicated (and I'm not a doctor so ask a doctor about this), but stomach ulcers can also be caused by HP Pylori Bacteria and I'm told it's treatable with the right antibiotic. So if of course, they've done this or ruled it out, then fine, but otherwise ask?

Actually you want a young doctor who has trained at Baragwanath. They seem to see all the stuff and know their *****. :lol: