English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by Stuart »

StarPhoenix wrote:Perhaps you could throw them out if you are not using them, D33.

I am still trying to force myself to get rid of my clutter, but I have become so attached to it that it is difficult to get my emotions out of the way
and behave like a rational human being would.
Are we settled on exactly how a rational human being would behave?
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

:lurk:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

StarPhoenix wrote:Perhaps you could throw them out if you are not using them, D33.

I am still trying to force myself to get rid of my clutter, but I have become so attached to it that it is difficult to get my emotions out of the way
and behave like a rational human being would.
I should. I'm the same. :?
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I was watching that Jeff Dunham clip that UrBaN posted in the RAD thread earlier today. The dude isn't really the best ventriloquist out there, is he?
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Are you kidding? He's brilliant.

You should see where he argues with the puppets. Don't tell me that's the first Dunham you've watched...?
to ápeiro anima
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

UrBaN wrote:Are you kidding? He's brilliant.

You should see where he argues with the puppets. Don't tell me that's the first Dunham you've watched...?
No, I've watched him before. And I mean he's funny, and he's got good chemistry going with the puppets, and his puppets have wonderful personalities. But I mean he's not the most skilled ventriloquist. You can see his lips and throat moving very obviously all the time.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Maybe it is meant that DSL requires optical fiber over long distances, because of the attenuation issue, which it does, no? Isn't it mostly only copper the last bit to your house from the local exchange?.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

WAZZUP!!

oh and at jee's place there is an extra cottage so you won't be living with her in the house (and certainly not in my fairy room)......
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
ADT

Post by ADT »

Going home now...uuuugh what a day :(
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

KALSTER wrote:Maybe it is meant that DSL requires optical fiber over long distances, because of the attenuation issue, which it does, no? Isn't it mostly only copper the last bit to your house from the local exchange?.
From the exchange onwards, it's definitely not DSL. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

OMW!!!! :shock: the Blue Lurker himself killed the thread....
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Ron2K wrote:
KALSTER wrote:Maybe it is meant that DSL requires optical fiber over long distances, because of the attenuation issue, which it does, no? Isn't it mostly only copper the last bit to your house from the local exchange?.
From the exchange onwards, it's definitely not DSL. ;)
Ah, right you are.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/dsl.htm

"Fiber-optic cables - ADSL signals can't pass through the conversion from analog to digital and back to analog that occurs if a portion of your telephone circuit comes through fiber-optic cables."
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Hey
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Yo
jee

Post by jee »

i do love intelligent conversation. it urges me to add to my post count.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
jee

Post by jee »

aah only emocons will do...
ok bye...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

huggles ma!!
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

eve peeps
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

jee wrote:i do love intelligent conversation. it urges me to add to my post count.
++

I am not very good with ubiquitous banter. One of my many flaws.
jee

Post by jee »

what a wondrous flaw.... :)
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

:|

It can make widening your social circle outside of geekville (no offence to anyone :P) really difficult. I do try though, one of the reasons I started this thread.

// which moderator removed the quote tags from Neale's spam anthem? I don't want to be held responsible for that! :lol: And apparently neither does Neale.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

jee wrote:what a wondrous flaw.... :)
:) Maybe, but being bad at just chatting can make for a boring conversationalist from many people's perspectives. Unfortunately this happens to me a lot (with woman also :| ). I am just not good with all the exaggerated enthusiasm so many people love and being able to chat about inconsequential stuff. :?
It can make widening your social circle outside of geekville (no offence to anyone ) really difficult.
Exactly.
jee

Post by jee »

my purrfect man can sit with me for hours (preferably rubbing my feet while reading) not saying anything... just breathing...

however, i have come to the conclusion there are not purrfect men... *sigh*
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

KALSTER wrote: :) Maybe, but being bad at just chatting can make for a boring conversationalist from many people's perspectives. Unfortunately this happens to me a lot (with woman also :| ). I am just not good with all the exaggerated enthusiasm so many people love and being able to chat about inconsequential stuff. :?
QFT :|
jee

Post by jee »

KALSTER wrote: :) Maybe, but being bad at just chatting can make for a boring conversationalist from many people's perspectives. Unfortunately this happens to me a lot (with woman also :| ). I am just not good with all the exaggerated enthusiasm so many people love and being able to chat about inconsequential stuff. :?
It can make widening your social circle outside of geekville (no offense to anyone ) really difficult.
Exactly.
wisdom is: accepting that i'm a geek