Welcome Home !!!!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

KALSTER wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 22:33 Anyone hear anything from Starphoenix? He hasn't been on FB since Friday. He might get a kick out of his.
Spoke to him earlier tonight. He is a bit depressed by the lockdown. I told him to come here and just say hi. Perhaps he will tomorrow. Will keep on him.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ryanrich wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 23:32
Tribble wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 19:39
Only done Azure Administration (AZ-103 and AZ-900) - not done the exams yet. Still trying to load VMs on Linux. :lol:
I did AZ-103 before I left SA, it's good. What is nice about the newer MS exams, especially Azure, is that they're heavily focused on labs instead of the traditional MS multiple choice. Busy with the architect exams at the moment, once I find time again. About 70% of my clients at the moment are M365 migrations, Exchange hybrid, Intune MDM. Doing a lot with Azure Information Protection which is a very interesting as well, but an absolute PITA to design and implement for large customers.
:twisted: Another resource. I shall bug you too then. Thanks - terrified of doing that exam. It's not heavily technical but it has been ages since I have done stuff like that.
Would really prefer to do the Azure Devops as I would probably use it more. Not like I want to be a technical trainer :lol:
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Tribble wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 00:46 Not like I want to be a technical trainer :lol:
Sadly, my attempts to train you in the use of the DROP DATABASE command seems to have been all for nothing...
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ron2K wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 02:24
Tribble wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 00:46 Not like I want to be a technical trainer :lol:
Sadly, my attempts to train you in the use of the DROP DATABASE command seems to have been all for nothing...
I actually have used it several times over the years. :lol: With the intended results of course
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

hamin_aus wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 20:07 Spent a lot of time on Power BI
First off, who let those Australian convicts back in!

We're running P3 :shock: I thought MS knew how to tear the behind out of SQL licensing...... ha!
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

PBI licensing is pretty straightforward, just HELLISHLY expensive.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

Happy New Month everyone

How's everyone coping during lockdown?
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Hello there

Housework is starting to get to me. Cannot lie.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 10:07 Happy New Month everyone

The pair of us are pretty much already over it... and we've 3 weeks (at least) to go here.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Ron2K wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 10:39

The pair of us are pretty much already over it... and we've 3 weeks (at least) to go here.
Well word on the street is they might extent ours. There was rumors a few days before the lockdown here was announced that we might have a lockdown, it turned out to be true, so I would be surprised if we get another 2 weeks or so.

Our numbers the last few days has been pretty low, I suspect the numbers are delayed.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
DJT

Post by DJT »

wizardofid wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 10:43

Well word on the street is they might extent ours. There was rumors a few days before the lockdown here was announced that we might have a lockdown, it turned out to be true, so I would be surprised if we get another 2 weeks or so.

Our numbers the last few days has been pretty low, I suspect the numbers are delayed.
I am the ICT manager at a school and we've been scrambling since last week with setting up Google Classroom and getting all the teachers on board with it. Some are set in their ways so it can be quite challenging. We are working on the assumption that schools won't go back on time and the lockdown will be extended, which is seeming more and more likely.

I'm literally spending this week 09:00-16:00 with a Google Meet session open on my second screen waiting for people to join who need support with logging into their kids accounts or help accessing Classroom/Drive. I've sent more emails in the past 3 days than I have probably all year.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 11:31

I am the ICT manager at a school and we've been scrambling since last week with setting up Google Classroom and getting all the teachers on board with it. Some are set in their ways so it can be quite challenging. We are working on the assumption that schools won't go back on time and the lockdown will be extended, which is seeming more and more likely.

I'm literally spending this week 09:00-16:00 with a Google Meet session open on my second screen waiting for people to join who need support with logging into their kids accounts or help accessing Classroom/Drive. I've sent more emails in the past 3 days than I have probably all year.
My son's school is using Teams. But pretty much the same - they have been getting everyone ready for when classes begin.
DJT

Post by DJT »

Tribble wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 12:02
DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 11:31

My son's school is using Teams. But pretty much the same - they have been getting everyone ready for when classes begin.
Some of our teachers have been using it for fun, but mostly in the higher grades. Grade 1s and 2s have never had Google accounts before, so I had to make them quickly, add them to groups and then add them to their Classrooms. Then I had to make a document to explain to their parents how to use them because the kids have never even seen it before.

I did a training session the other day for the teachers on how to use Google Class. Teachers make the worst students, and do not like being told to sit down and by quiet :lol:
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 12:11
Some of our teachers have been using it for fun, but mostly in the higher grades. Grade 1s and 2s have never had Google accounts before, so I had to make them quickly, add them to groups and then add them to their Classrooms. Then I had to make a document to explain to their parents how to use them because the kids have never even seen it before.

I did a training session the other day for the teachers on how to use Google Class. Teachers make the worst students, and do not like being told to sit down and by quiet :lol:
BWahahahahahahha I can imagine !!!
I know how they feel - I like to see my students. This new way of doing things is very unnerving. I generally picture everyone sitting in front of the PC with mics muted doing their own thing.
DJT

Post by DJT »

Tribble wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 12:32

I know how they feel - I like to see my students. This new way of doing things is very unnerving. I generally picture everyone sitting in front of the PC with mics muted doing their own thing.
At least they're not calling you on Meet dressed in a gown and a towel because they didn't realize the link the class rep just sent out is actually a link to a video chat... :lol:
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 15:58

At least they're not calling you on Meet dressed in a gown and a towel because they didn't realize the link the class rep just sent out is actually a link to a video chat... :lol:
Bwahahahahahaha at least they were dressed in something
DJT

Post by DJT »

Tribble wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 16:19
DJT wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 15:58

Bwahahahahahaha at least they were dressed in something
Could have been worse I guess. I had 10 parents contact me in 7 hours of sitting waiting. Going to be another somewhat boring day today lol. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 08:33
Could have been worse I guess. I had 10 parents contact me in 7 hours of sitting waiting. Going to be another somewhat boring day today lol. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Murphy dictates that they will all contact you the day before things need to start
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Wait... DJT is a teacher???
where's my OH SNAP thread I think I'll be adding a submission soon
DJT

Post by DJT »

hamin_aus wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 13:41 Wait... DJT is a teacher???
where's my OH SNAP thread I think I'll be adding a submission soon
Lol! I am indeed.

Funnily enough, I teach at the school I was at in 2001 when I joined this very forum.
Clarke Media - Facebook
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

After being stuck at home with my kids for the past few weeks trying to home-school them I realize being a teacher is a calling, not a vocation :D
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I'm back.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

StarPhoenix wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 20:16 I'm back.
Welcome back!! :D
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Yaaaayyyaaaayyyyaaaayyy :bounce: :cat:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Woot!
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel