Welcome Home !!!!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by D3PART3D »

There's a new Half-Life game out, the PCFormat forum is back online,the world is on lockdown, rustypup just said "Woot!"and jamin has offspring.

Somebody pinch me, it's all... too much.

Really glad to see you all :D
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Prime

Post by Prime »

StarPhoenix wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 20:16 I'm back.
Welcome!
D3PART3D wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 11:02 There's a new Half-Life game out, the PCFormat forum is back online,the world is on lockdown, rustypup just said "Woot!"and jamin has offspring.

:slap: where have you been?
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

hamin_aus wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 14:43 After being stuck at home with my kids for the past few weeks trying to home-school them I realize being a teacher is a calling, not a vocation :D
Parents everywhere are suddenly realizing that teachers aren't in fact the problem... :lol:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

D3PART3D wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 11:02 There's a new Half-Life game out, the PCFormat forum is back online,the world is on lockdown, rustypup just said "Woot!"and jamin has offspring.

D3!!!!! Welcome !!!!!
DJT

Post by DJT »

Hey! Welcome!
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - Facebook
DJT

Post by DJT »

Woot! Day made. Hit a milestone on my YouTube channel today. A video I made for the school in 2018 hit 10k views.

Now if only I could get another 3 subscribers I could make that 300 sub special video... :wink:

Link in my signature :lol:
Clarke Media - Facebook
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 14:58 Woot! Day made. Hit a milestone on my YouTube channel today. A video I made for the school in 2018 hit 10k views.

Now if only I could get another 3 subscribers I could make that 300 sub special video... :wink:

Darn, I subscribed long ago. Will speak to the kids
You have two more. Will speak to my daughter when she is out of her comp
DJT

Post by DJT »

Tribble wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 15:25
DJT wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 14:58 Woot! Day made. Hit a milestone on my YouTube channel today. A video I made for the school in 2018 hit 10k views.

Darn, I subscribed long ago. Will speak to the kids
You have two more. Will speak to my daughter when she is out of her comp
Trib and the Triblets, you legends! Thank you.

Have a great weekend!
Clarke Media - Facebook
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

It's probably some complicated ironic use thingy of the expression. This is Rusty we are talking about.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

For anyone collecting trivia:

I am still living in a home for people with psychiatric disorders.

I am still at the same company [ELCB]Our data capture department shut down some 3 years ago. Up until the latter part of last year, I had a full-time job reading tender advertisements. My employer had to let a number of staff members, after making a hash of two projects, and not finishing within the agreed tome. A few of us were lucky enough to be given a choice between resigning or accepting a part-time position.

Women appeal to me more than they used to. :inlove: Captain Marvel :inlove:

I have a bald patch.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

StarPhoenix wrote: :inlove: Captain Marvel :inlove:
O RLY :twisted:
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

hamin_aus wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 18:20
StarPhoenix wrote: :inlove: Captain Marvel :inlove:
O RLY :twisted:
For realz.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Must be true love then!
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Oh, it isn't the actress or her toes that I have built a shrine to. I like superhero comics, and Captain Marvel is one of my favourite characters. The movie meant a lot to me. My brother took me to Hemingways [home of East London's only cinema] to watch Captain Marvel when I was going through a bad spell, and it helped to lift my spirits.
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Over [almost] the last two years, I have been playing Legendary: Game of Heroes on my tablet.

I met someone online, and ended up playing Words with Friends and Scrabble with her for nearly three years. :-)
More recently, I was helping my mother with her shopping at Woolworths, and was guarding the trolley when a lady wearing an olive green t-shirt
greeted me me and asked how I was doing as she walked past. It took about a week for me to come back down to earth. [No, I have no idea who
she was.]
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

StarPhoenix wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:11 Over [almost] the last two years, I have been playing Legendary: Game of Heroes on my tablet.

I met someone online, and ended up playing Words with Friends and Scrabble with her for nearly three years. :-)
More recently, I was helping my mother with her shopping at Woolworths, and was guarding the trolley when a lady wearing an olive green t-shirt
greeted me me and asked how I was doing as she walked past. It took about a week for me to come back down to earth. [No, I have no idea who
she was.]
I have basically given up lol. My flirting game goes past being bad, past cringe into making people feel uncomfortable. Basically the difference between someone falling off a chair and falling off the roof shattering your pelvis.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

KALSTER wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:49
StarPhoenix wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:11 Over [almost] the last two years, I have been playing Legendary: Game of Heroes on my tablet.

she was.]
I have basically given up lol. My flirting game goes past being bad, past cringe into making people feel uncomfortable. Basically the difference between someone falling off a chair and falling off the roof shattering your pelvis.
I am sure you are overexaggerating. But why flirt? Just be yourself.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Tribble wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 21:43

she was.]
Sadly, no. Not exactly flirt, but as soon as I try to move past just being an acquaintance or friend. It's not pretty.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

KALSTER wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 23:03
Sadly, no. Not exactly flirt, but as soon as I try to move past just being an acquaintance or friend. It's not pretty.
Perhaps rethink the way you are doing things then ? That is, if you feel you need someone. Remember, relationships bring a whole slew of problems with them too :lol: Those are things you will have to deal with or get over for it to work.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

KALSTER wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:49 I have basically given up lol. My flirting game goes past being bad, past cringe into making people feel uncomfortable. Basically the difference between someone falling off a chair and falling off the roof shattering your pelvis.
Ever tried the Joey Tribbiani approach? :twisted:
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ron2K wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 08:30
KALSTER wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 20:49 I have basically given up lol. My flirting game goes past being bad, past cringe into making people feel uncomfortable. Basically the difference between someone falling off a chair and falling off the roof shattering your pelvis.
Ever tried the Joey Tribbiani approach? :twisted:
How're YOU doing?
https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2015/0 ... k-up-lines
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Tribble wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 21:43

she was.]
I'm with Tribble on this one. I have different goals. Living together is out of the question, but I'm open to being friends, and I hope to see her again provided we are still alive in a few months time when COVID-19 has all but run out of hosting services.
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

Double post.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Well I said given up, but I am not too sad about it. As you say Tribbs, having someone brings a lot of extra things with it, things I do not want to have to bother with to be honest. I have a full bachelor mindset atm and a lady would wreck it completely. I enjoy being by myself and not having to give attention to someone, if that sounds sane and/or non-douchy. Plus my finances are stretched as it is...
StarPhoenix

Post by StarPhoenix »

KALSTER wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 14:09 Well I said given up, but I am not too sad about it. As you say Tribbs, having someone brings a lot of extra things with it, things I do not want to have to bother with to be honest. I have a full bachelor mindset atm and a lady would wreck it completely. I enjoy being by myself and not having to give attention to someone, if that sounds sane and/or non-douchy. Plus my finances are stretched as it is...
That's the best part of being friends, I think.
Last edited by StarPhoenix on 04 Apr 2020, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.