Welcome Home !!!!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Post Reply
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

This is to welcome you back to the forum!!! Thanks to Ron2k - Ronnie for getting this open and working again.
Image
User avatar
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator
Posts: 9050
Joined: 04 Jul 2006, 16:45
Location: Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Ron2K »

As I mentioned to our favourite spam poster...

I've decided to re-open this archive of the PCFormat forum to regular posting, to anyone who has an account here and who isn't on the forum ban list. New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask), and users who were banned indefinitely remain so (though, I am willing to reconsider this on a case by case basis).

At the time that I put this archive up in January 2019, my intention was for old members to be able to search for, reference, and likely cringe at, old content -- and nothing more. Things have changed since then. Since the start of the year, and owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and related lockdowns, we now live in a more isolated and insular world, and this has let to my decision to open things up again. The intention is now for old friends to have a somewhat familiar place to catch up with each other, and to support each other through these strange new times.

Kia kaha.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

This is somewhat like a welcomed bad acid flashback...:) Now to find out if bates the mongoose is still alive, that is my only burning question.
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:08 This is somewhat like a welcomed bad acid flashback...:) Now to find out if bates the mongoose is still alive, that is my only burning question.
Bates the Mongoose ? I must have missed something - do tell.

And Ronny - you know we may try our luck in convincing you about new members :D
Image
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:49 New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask)
Ah, same old Ronald!

:slap:
Image
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:19
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:08 This is somewhat like a welcomed bad acid flashback...:) Now to find out if bates the mongoose is still alive, that is my only burning question.
Bates the Mongoose ? I must have missed something - do tell.

And Ronny - you know we may try our luck in convincing you about new members :D
viewtopic.php?p=1416257#p1416257
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:55
Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:49 New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask)
Ah, same old Ronald!

:slap:
MOUSEY!!!! Hello there :lol:
Yes - we need to work on him. Not like he is going anywhere. :twisted:
Image
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title
Posts: 9387
Joined: 09 Aug 2002, 02:00
Location: Locked Down
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by DJT »

Wow. Talk about a walk down memory lane.

Thanks Ron2k for setting this up again. Many hours were spent on here with you guys.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:02
Tribble wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:19
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:08 This is somewhat like a welcomed bad acid flashback...:) Now to find out if bates the mongoose is still alive, that is my only burning question.
Bates the Mongoose ? I must have missed something - do tell.

And Ronny - you know we may try our luck in convincing you about new members :D
viewtopic.php?p=1416257#p1416257
Bwaahahahahahahahahhaa @RustyPup do tell
Image
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

DJT wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:06 Wow. Talk about a walk down memory lane.

Thanks Ron2k for setting this up again. Many hours were spent on here with you guys.
Hello there - not like you are a stranger but nice to see you back too.
Image
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title
Posts: 9387
Joined: 09 Aug 2002, 02:00
Location: Locked Down
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by DJT »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:55
Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:49 New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask)
Ah, same old Ronald!

:slap:
Same old Prius driver :D :lol:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

DJT wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:15
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:55
Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:49 New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask)
Ah, same old Ronald!

:slap:
Same old Prius driver :D :lol:
Ron, please reactivate the slap smiley ...
Image
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title
Posts: 9387
Joined: 09 Aug 2002, 02:00
Location: Locked Down
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by DJT »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:18
DJT wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:15
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:55
Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:49 New user registrations remain disabled (I won't be changing this, so don't ask)
Ah, same old Ronald!

:slap:
Same old Prius driver :D :lol:
Ron, please reactivate the slap smiley ...
Nice to see you too... :lol:
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
User avatar
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator
Posts: 9050
Joined: 04 Jul 2006, 16:45
Location: Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Ron2K »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:18 Ron, please reactivate the slap smiley ...
Not going to be easy. I managed to get a database backup to get this going again, but nothing more -- so, old custom smilies can be considered lost (unless someone manages to track them down). Ditto for uploaded avatars.

I've got plenty of time in isolation (4 weeks minimum) though, so I'll see what I can do. Not making any promises though.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:24
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:18 Ron, please reactivate the slap smiley ...
Not going to be easy. I managed to get a database backup to get this going again, but nothing more -- so, old custom smilies can be considered lost (unless someone manages to track them down). Ditto for uploaded avatars.

I've got plenty of time in isolation (4 weeks minimum) though, so I'll see what I can do. Not making any promises though.
YAY!!! :mrgreen:
Image
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Tribble wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:11
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:02
Tribble wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:19
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 09:08 This is somewhat like a welcomed bad acid flashback...:) Now to find out if bates the mongoose is still alive, that is my only burning question.
Bates the Mongoose ? I must have missed something - do tell.

And Ronny - you know we may try our luck in convincing you about new members :D
viewtopic.php?p=1416257#p1416257
Bwaahahahahahahahahhaa @RustyPup do tell
this might have been way before your time bates spilled into other threads of the forum.
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Miss the run for the hills smiley.....that was a cheeky and fun one :run4hills:
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
User avatar
Tribble
Registered User
Posts: 88459
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 02:00
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB
Location: Not here
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Tribble »

wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:32 Miss the run for the hills smiley.....that was a cheeky and fun one :run4hills:
We had some awesome smiles
Image
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

Sheesh, it's been so long I have to try to relearn how to work this all. There used to be a way to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread, but now it keeps jumping to the top of the thread ...
Image
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:37 Sheesh, it's been so long I have to try to relearn how to work this all. There used to be a way to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread, but now it keeps jumping to the top of the thread ...
Hello Stuart little....:)
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:39
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:37 Sheesh, it's been so long I have to try to relearn how to work this all. There used to be a way to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread, but now it keeps jumping to the top of the thread ...
Hello Stuart little....:)
Hello, Dr. House.
Image
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:42
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:39
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:37 Sheesh, it's been so long I have to try to relearn how to work this all. There used to be a way to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread, but now it keeps jumping to the top of the thread ...
Hello Stuart little....:)
Hello, Dr. House.
I am no longer bitter and enraged. I am now senile and confused. Turning 40 next year maybe time for an early mid life crisis....
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:24
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:18 Ron, please reactivate the slap smiley ...
Not going to be easy. I managed to get a database backup to get this going again, but nothing more -- so, old custom smilies can be considered lost (unless someone manages to track them down). Ditto for uploaded avatars.

I've got plenty of time in isolation (4 weeks minimum) though, so I'll see what I can do. Not making any promises though.
Image
Image
User avatar
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator
Posts: 38503
Joined: 19 May 2005, 02:00
Location: Home

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by Stuart »

wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:48
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:42
wizardofid wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:39
Stuart wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 10:37 Sheesh, it's been so long I have to try to relearn how to work this all. There used to be a way to jump to the most recent unread post in a thread, but now it keeps jumping to the top of the thread ...
Hello Stuart little....:)
Hello, Dr. House.
I am no longer bitter and enraged. I am now senile and confused. Turning 40 next year maybe time for an early mid life crisis....
Only next year? Thought you were already 40 back in the day! :p
Image
wizardofid
Registered User
Posts: 10962
Joined: 03 Oct 2003, 02:00
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz
Location: I'm so Goth, my wrists slit themselves.
Contact:

Re: Welcome Home !!!!

Post by wizardofid »

Oh you...What you 80 with grandkids, remind to send you my old canes.
Image
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Post Reply