OBAMANATED!

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Kasyx

OBAMANATED!

Post by Kasyx »

Well, it has finally happened. I can't help but be excited, considering that for more than a third of my life, the most powerful country in the world has been run by an idiotic, bumbling tyrant.

Unfortunately, there is always something idiotic to mar this great day, namely the fumbling of the Oath of Office

I, for one, am grateful that America finally has a president capable of correcting the Chief Justice, as opposed to the idiot who for two terms couldn't even pronounce the word "nuclear", even though it seemed to be his total passion and fetish...

So what are your thoughts on this? At the end of the day, one can really just wait and see if Obama lives up to the world's expectations, however, I, for one, am hopeful.
c0d3r

Re: OBAMANATED!

Post by c0d3r »

Obama > Bush.

It can only get better from here on.
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Kasyx

Post by Kasyx »

Yeah, that's how I see it. Bush was so infinitely bad that I think they could pretty much swear a mountain goat into office and things would get better...
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Kasyx wrote:Yeah, that's how I see it. Bush was so infinitely bad that I think they could pretty much swear a mountain goat into office and things would get better...
QFT
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

I think it is wonderful - it has been a long time coming. I hope he does all people think he will - though it seems a huge task. If nothing else - he is wonderful for morale and purpose. And it is nice to see someone interested in saving the world - one little step at a time.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

Interesting how many people believe what politicians say. :roll: Personally I don't care, as long as he does something interesting.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

why?... because he's mostly black?... perhaps i'm 'special' but i fail to see how skin color translates into potential.. :?

he's a polititian... an american politician... so i guess my hidden questions are:
1) why do we care
2) why do you imagine his term/s in office will change much of anything...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

What rustypup said.
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
Kasyx

Post by Kasyx »

rustypup wrote:why?... because he's mostly black?... perhaps i'm 'special' but i fail to see how skin color translates into potential.. :?

he's a polititian... an american politician... so i guess my hidden questions are:
1) why do we care
2) why do you imagine his term/s in office will change much of anything...
1) Because, believe it or not, America's actions do have repercussions on the rest of the world...
2) Because he actually has a brain that is not purely devoted to war and greed.

This has nothing to do with his race, it has to do with the fact that America finally has a president that people can look up to. The fact that America did, in fact, vote for a black president is merely proof that the world is changing for the better.

I realise you are clearly quite jaded and cynical, but there is a reason not to hope?
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

rustypup, if he does nothing worse than Bush - that is already an improvement. And it is a big thing that he isn't white. America claims to be the most advanced nation in the world - and yet SA beat them to having a black president. So yes - his colour means the world to all dark skinned Americans. It means that they are finally equal in practice and not only on paper.

Will his colour make him a good president ? No. Will it make people listen to him and respect him - for a while. He will have to deliver on his promises if he plans to make the difference he says he can. I actually believe he has the personality and brain power to achieve what he sets out to - but only time will tell.

Nice to see our leaders are jealous of the attention our people are giving him :twisted:
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Tribble wrote:Nice to see our leaders are jealous of the attention our people are giving him :twisted:
I should hope so.

In any case yes the guy has a brain not a grain of sand. Yes he is not obsessed with War but with religion whitch in many aspects is even worse. Most of the wars that has been going on for ages has been justified by religeon. Jut look at what is happeing in Israel......
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

America claims to be the most advanced nation in the world - and yet SA beat them to having a black president
Judging from SA and the rest of Africa I can't see how that is a good thing.... :wink:

But in the end I don't think it matters, the president is in anyway just a puppet, it the people that backs him with money that is really in control.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

The fact that he is black is very powerful. It will go a long way in changing how people think about themselves and the world. People who try are people who achieve.

While I disagree strongly with some of Obama's ideas, he is a man who understands values and principles, and that is for me just wicked sick. (Translation for the old people: Incredible. :P )

FTW!

I'm personally very excited to see what he will do. If he is intelligent enough to understand principle then he is surely intelligent enough to implement his ideas.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am not so sure he is obsessed or that it is a bad thing that he is religious. Everyone needs to believe in something - it is human nature. And if his beliefs help him to fix the wrongs and improve the lives of his people - I don't see a problem with that. If he uses religion as a reason to commit dumb acts - well then it shall become a problem. Most people with a belief system - which is based on a higher power - are actually very nice, stable people.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Kasyx wrote:Because he actually has a brain that is not purely devoted to war and greed.
unless he is some close personal aquaintance of yours, you cannot possibly know that.... if you cannot possibly know that, who's PR tripe are you, personally, spreading around the place?

some corrective reading for you would include Flim Flam, (James Randi) and Gobbledygook, (Don Watson)...
Kasyx wrote:you are clearly quite jaded and cynical
:lol: right... and folks running around imagining that one man is going to change the face of american politics, (which is going to have some magical knock on effect in the rest of the world bringing about an abrupt end to 'global warming' and a mass rescuing of kitties stuck in trees), aren't smoking something illicit?...

bat-do insane is a phrase which springs to mind...
Tribble wrote:And it is a big thing that he isn't white.
- think about that comment for a bit and you will start to ponder on the political health of american democracy.... 74% of the populace is white... if this is the case, under what conditions do we attribute his achievment to voter apathy, genuine transformation or liberal dealing in the background? why is the 'black agenda' such a big deal in a country where the black population makes up 13% of the populace?
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Nuke wrote:
America claims to be the most advanced nation in the world - and yet SA beat them to having a black president
Judging from SA and the rest of Africa I can't see how that is a good thing.... :wink:

But in the end I don't think it matters, the president is in anyway just a puppet, it the people that backs him with money that is really in control.
The most BS post I've read in a while. Not only idiotic bias but also tinfoil-hat paranoia.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

D3PART3D wrote:Not only idiotic bias but also tinfoil-hat paranoia.
:? pot calling kettle names?... there is no denying that washington runs on lobbyist-oiled gears... in much the same way that the UK is pretty much part run by BAE...
Knuckles
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gagabyte Z170-Gaming K3-CF
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Post by Knuckles »

LOL, Nuke, enough with the pessimism, a change is as good as a holiday. Comparing him to African leaders is a bit low... you can't insinuate that he will be a poor leader simply because black leaders on a different continent are below average.

The USA has had a tough time as of late, Obama's inauguration has brought hope to so many. Obama is doing for americans what Mandela did for black South Africans in 1994, giving them hope. Yes his race is a big deal, but for all the right reasons, I can appreciate that considering USA's history with slavery.
Kasyx

Post by Kasyx »

rustypup wrote:
Kasyx wrote:Because he actually has a brain that is not purely devoted to war and greed.
unless he is some close personal aquaintance of yours, you cannot possibly know that.... if you cannot possibly know that, who's PR tripe are you, personally, spreading around the place?

some corrective reading for you would include Flim Flam, (James Randi) and Gobbledygook, (Don Watson)...
Kasyx wrote:you are clearly quite jaded and cynical
:lol: right... and folks running around imagining that one man is going to change the face of american politics, (which is going to have some magical knock on effect in the rest of the world bringing about an abrupt end to 'global warming' and a mass rescuing of kitties stuck in trees), aren't smoking something illicit?...

bat-do insane is a phrase which springs to mind...
Tribble wrote:And it is a big thing that he isn't white.
- think about that comment for a bit and you will start to ponder on the political health of american democracy.... 74% of the populace is white... if this is the case, under what conditions do we attribute his achievment to voter apathy, genuine transformation or liberal dealing in the background? why is the 'black agenda' such a big deal in a country where the black population makes up 13% of the populace?
Jeez, dude. Take it easy. All I said was that I am hopeful, why is this such a big issue for you? I never even remotely mentioned, not even in passing, that he would reshape the face of American politics. Is there really anything wrong with a bit of cautious enthusiasm after 8 years of war and general tyranny?

Oh, and I can see that Obama has a brain because he can actually construct complex sentences, somewhat unlike his predecessor. I am not on any sort of PR parade, I merely stated:
Kasyx wrote: At the end of the day, one can really just wait and see if Obama lives up to the world's expectations, however, I, for one, am hopeful.
Why does this anger you so?
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tribble wrote:rustypup, if he does nothing worse than Bush - that is already an improvement. And it is a big thing that he isn't white. America claims to be the most advanced nation in the world - and yet SA beat them to having a black president. So yes - his colour means the world to all dark skinned Americans. It means that they are finally equal in practice and not only on paper.

Will his colour make him a good president ? No. Will it make people listen to him and respect him - for a while. He will have to deliver on his promises if he plans to make the difference he says he can. I actually believe he has the personality and brain power to achieve what he sets out to - but only time will tell.

Nice to see our leaders are jealous of the attention our people are giving him :twisted:
You realise that here, black is the majority so the odds of the president being black are far higher?

Do you also realise that Obama is actually Coloured and that it is not going to change the way that america feels about africa as our politicians so naively think? America can't afford to give africa Aid, the money they are giving us is the same amount they need to bail their country out of its economic woes.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

rustypup wrote: - think about that comment for a bit and you will start to ponder on the political health of american democracy.... 74% of the populace is white... if this is the case, under what conditions do we attribute his achievment to voter apathy, genuine transformation or liberal dealing in the background? why is the 'black agenda' such a big deal in a country where the black population makes up 13% of the populace?
Percentages here are immaterial. If you were a black American - you would be over the moon with the changes in your country. After the slavery, the treatment that your ancestors would have had to endure, finally there was hope. Hope that you would no longer be seen as an inconsequential minority. It would have had a similar effect if it had been a lady elected to be president. (I can only thank the stars it was not Sarah Palin). Now if it would have been a black female American - that would have taken the cake. :wink:

I don't like the fact that what the American president does has an effect on the world's economy - but it is a fact. And I think he will be able to do better things than his predecessor.
Prime

Post by Prime »

D3PART3D wrote:
Nuke wrote:

The most BS post I've read in a while. Not only idiotic bias but also tinfoil-hat paranoia.
So you think all the campaign donars just give away money and expect nothing in return? Oi Vae, thats just naive :roll:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Tribble wrote:
rustypup wrote: - think about that comment for a bit and you will start to ponder on the political health of american democracy.... 74% of the populace is white... if this is the case, under what conditions do we attribute his achievment to voter apathy, genuine transformation or liberal dealing in the background? why is the 'black agenda' such a big deal in a country where the black population makes up 13% of the populace?
Percentages here are immaterial. If you were a black American - you would be over the moon with the changes in your country. After the slavery, the treatment that your ancestors would have had to endure, finally there was hope. Hope that you would no longer be seen as an inconsequential minority. It would have had a similar effect if it had been a lady elected to be president. (I can only thank the stars it was not Sarah Palin). Now if it would have been a black female American - that would have taken the cake. :wink:

I don't like the fact that what the American president does has an effect on the world's economy - but it is a fact. And I think he will be able to do better things than his predecessor.
Wait slavery was abolished how long ago?

For all your reading pleasure>> http://www.miamiherald.com/news/columni ... 61686.html
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Prime wrote:
You realise that here, black is the majority so the odds of the president being black are far higher?

Do you also realise that Obama is actually Coloured and that it is not going to change the way that america feels about africa as our politicians so naively think? America can't afford to give africa Aid, the money they are giving us is the same amount they need to bail their country out of its economic woes.
Don't get me wrong - nothing will change here. Well not that which we can see. But the people are upbeat today - and more positive (well those with dark skins are - not some of the paler brothers). I still think it is awesome and I wish him and them all the best.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

rustypup wrote:
D3PART3D wrote:Not only idiotic bias but also tinfoil-hat paranoia.
:? pot calling kettle names?... there is no denying that washington runs on lobbyist-oiled gears... in much the same way that the UK is pretty much part run by BAE...
I generally think that worrying about lobbyists is a big worry over nothing, but politics isn't my thing... so I'll be silent.

I'm not retracting what I said though, I'd still like to see Nuke substantiate what he said, without anyone's help. :P

- Elon Musk