Latest Purchases Thread

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
CapNemo

Re: Latest Purchases Thread

Post by CapNemo »

A new headset
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
naughty

Post by naughty »

i sold my laptop and my P2770HD monitor a couple of weeks back and got myself the following to use as a PC monitor as well as being a movie and TV viewing screen

which is the Samsung UE40EH6030 3D LED 40" TV - now many people think that 40" is too big as a PC monitor but it is absolutely amazing for me

next step is going to be to wall mount the TV and i already have the wall mount bracket - and this means i then have to work a plan to sort out some sort of way to get the keyboard and mouse mounted in a more mobile manner - and the TV is far enough away to actually not seem too big .... even though with full HD resolution at the moment it is absolutely perfect

i was also never the biggest fan of 3D but movies like Avatar 3D actually are making me change my mind - it looks incredible and im already planning on getting a few more 3D movies as demo .... 2D to 3D mode does cause a bit of ghosting ie you see a few things twice but i generally would not use that mode much even though it can work decently well

i also got a 20 metre HDMI cable and HDMI splitter in the lounge so that the cable runs into my room and gives a duplicate of the DSTV HD signal thats in the lounge and i also got a remote blaster and spare remote in the bedroom hence if i like i can also watch HD DSTV in my room IF for some reason i cannot watch it in the lounge :wink:
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Mickzter97

Post by Mickzter97 »

Me want one too!
Finally got BF3 Premium!
Violence is not the answer...it is the question. The answer is Yes!
Yes I am a NESer...and I love it!
I know, not the best of stats
Spoiler: (show)
Intel Core i5 2500K|Asus P8Z68-V|MSI R6870|8GB Cosair Vengeance 1600 RAM|120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD|750GB Samsung Sata2 HDD|NZXT Phantom USB 3.0
Windows Rating - 7.6
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Western Digital WDTV Live HD Media Player - pretty awesome...

Also, got my Tychus Findlay figurine

Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

2 Weeks ago I bought this:

Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC Edition :D
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Very nice - I take it you are happy?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Very much so, lovely little car.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Very nice Wik!
Little more details?
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

2009 Honda Jazz 1.5EX, only 34,000km on the clocks, previously driven by a tannie.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Very nice. Enjoy it :)
naughty

Post by naughty »

sold my previous blu-ray player and dvd player as well as AV receiver to get some more modern stuff - it is a step down in some respects but it plays all the modern formats and does the required job in the space its going to be installed in

blu-ray player

AV receiver

besides for the remote control - these can be controlled with android based phones or tablets using pioneers android app

i will start a new thread about the actual system that these will go into
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Nice one naughty!

That remote in the first pic looks shopped tho.
I can tell from some of the pixels... and from seeing quite a few shops in my time ;)
naughty

Post by naughty »

hamin_aus wrote:Nice one naughty!

That remote in the first pic looks shopped tho.
I can tell from some of the pixels... and from seeing quite a few shops in my time ;)
it probably is shopped since those pics were lifted from google images and are probably from commercial sites that are offering these items for sale :wink:

my pics wont really look very exciting im afraid since i have just given my camera to my niece to use (its motivation for me to save up to buy myself a nice DSLR) :mrgreen:

I can however assure you that the remote for the player does look as pictured BUT i probably wont be making much use of it since once the network is fully operational i will be using my tablet as the remote with the Pioneer AVcontrol2012 app for both the BD player and the receiver via wi-fi :wink:

PS im also confident that you would be able to spot a "shop" at 50 yards even on a cellphone screen :P
naughty

Post by naughty »

WiK1d wrote:2009 Honda Jazz 1.5EX, only 34,000km on the clocks, previously driven by a tannie.
BTW very nice car Wik .... definitely a couple notches above what i had at your age
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

The worst part about your new purchase is that I'm probably too far away to hear it...
Altho if you really crank the volume up we might hear it in Perth... give it a bash tonight
naughty

Post by naughty »

hamin_aus wrote:The worst part about your new purchase is that I'm probably too far away to hear it...
Altho if you really crank the volume up we might hear it in Perth... give it a bash tonight

alas - its all still a work in progress - fitting trunking to walls and running cables into those takes a bit of time so its all looking like this at the moment

with the front speakers in place but not connected yet here is how it looks

so its not in a state where i can play anything yet - but im working on it - so im sure i will have a bit more done soon - waiting for a few surprise custom bits for the room though - its gonna all look very different from any other system that i have ever had :wink:

it is already different from the pic - the wall mount bracket i had there was for a much bigger TV - i have now obtained one that fits better and also which has a tilt facility - and got some work done on mounting the rear speakers - so in terms of speakers it is now only a matter of running all the wiring .... but that is tiresome work if you want to do it neatly .... but yeah its not all done yet :(
naughty

Post by naughty »

okay - i got tired of struggling along with my cheapie Ryobi drill each time i wanted to drill on the wall - my building has some hectic reinforced concrete - the rebar just does not drill with masonry bits - and it seems like its actually some form of steel rebar inbetween the concrete - so i did what anyone in those circumstances would do .... ie buy a proper SDS drill

heres the carry case it comes in (and you can see the 20mm concrete masonry bit i decided to get to drill holes straight through walls for running network cables into other rooms)

the actual drill

I had a choice to get a Bosch but it was a little bit bigger than this one so since i have small hands i decided to go for the Makita which i was assured is at a similar quality level to the more expensive Bosch but basically this one just felt more comfortable when i lifted both of them up and i reckon this one will give me more control since it has a similar weight but is marginally smaller

the Bosch also had around 10watts of more power ie 790 watts as opposed to 780 watts but i dont think that this will actually be a trainsmash since this drill is a monster compared to my Ryobi and it eats walls for breakfast (obviously depending on the bit being used since masonry bits still dont really drill through that rebar but if i hit aggregate materials then i go through them with relative ease with this drill)
Kennyisalive

Post by Kennyisalive »

Got this last night!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

I sold my Geforce GT 630, and splashed out on a Radeon HD 7790 last week. :D
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Congrats. I think that is good - just not good with hardware at all any more. Don't even get excited about it or read about it. Hopefully that will change - upgrading a gaming machine - but with limited funds. Will use that article in the mag for some ideas though.
Animal

Post by Animal »

Was time to upgrade the old 8800GTX, so I got myself a Gigabyte GTX770:

Last edited by Animal on 24 Jun 2013, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Animal

Post by Animal »

Double post
djwez
The next Sheldon Cooper
Processor: AMD PII x3 720 (4th core unlocke
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Graphics card: Sapphire 7790 Dual x OC
Memory: 8GB 1600 Vengeance kit

Post by djwez »

1x Nikon 50mm f1.8 (which i need to sell now :/)
1x Canon 85mm f1.8
1x YN560II
1x BlackRapid RS Sport
1x Phottix softbox umbrella

i think thats all i've bought since i was last here :/ well the most important of the lot
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Confession time: how many many games have you already bought on the STEAM Sale?
I have resisted the urge so far.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot