English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Chat about anything and everything here!
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Re: English Spam Thread and General Rubbish

Post by ryanrich »

Wow, quiet around these parts.

So update on my side, my Dad is selling his business in RSA and my folks are emigrating to AUS, they should have their permanent residency visa's in around 3-6 months but will move in around a year from now. They've already purchased an investment property here as part of the process so that is well underway. Being an only child this is great, easier access to all my inheritance, lol.

Will be awesome to have baby sitters again, haha, and also to have my folks out of RSA so I don't worry anymore.

My side, mountain biking is basically my life now, addictive and fun sport. AUS rocks, life rocks, no complaints at the moment. :)
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Aussie Aussie Aussie
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

hamin_aus wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 13:14 Aussie Aussie Aussie
Whoop whoop!

Looks like it's only us around here nowadays... :lol:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

With Perth potentially going into lockdown again, I need distractions :D
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

ok :!: :!:
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

Monty wrote: 08 Jan 2014, 21:29Hi RiD1!
Oh HI, didnt see you there!
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Things have changed - a friend of mine has been stuck in Sidney and cannot get back to Brisbane. But then she met a guy from Kenya - they fell in love and now she is moving to Sidney.

I had covid. So did hubby and my eldest son. Sadly hubby didn't make it but Stephen and I did. Life has changed a lot.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ryanrich wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 03:52 Wow, quiet around these parts.

So update on my side, my Dad is selling his business in RSA and my folks are emigrating to AUS, they should have their permanent residency visa's in around 3-6 months but will move in around a year from now. They've already purchased an investment property here as part of the process so that is well underway. Being an only child this is great, easier access to all my inheritance, lol.

Will be awesome to have baby sitters again, haha, and also to have my folks out of RSA so I don't worry anymore.

My side, mountain biking is basically my life now, addictive and fun sport. AUS rocks, life rocks, no complaints at the moment. :)
Really glad things are going well and your folks should be with you soon - if not already there.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Tribble wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 17:58

Really glad things are going well and your folks should be with you soon - if not already there.
Yeah all good, and started new job earlier this week as a Solutions Architect for Santos, which is a big oil and gas company here and the biggest company in South Australia, loving it so far.

So sorry to hear about your husband, that is crazy! My dad's business partner passed away from Covid, really makes you realise the severity of the situation once it hits close to home. Wife and I have both had our 2 doses of Pfizer and currently zero cases here in SA, so hope that we don't ever experience it.

Folks have their PR visas now, Mom is arriving end of February 2022 and Dad about a month after, 2 cats in tow, haha.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

Tribble wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 17:56 Things have changed - a friend of mine has been stuck in Sidney and cannot get back to Brisbane. But then she met a guy from Kenya - they fell in love and now she is moving to Sidney.

I had covid. So did hubby and my eldest son. Sadly hubby didn't make it but Stephen and I did. Life has changed a lot.
I'm sorry Cathy - I hope you and the family are doing okay thru all of this!
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

This place is quiet.

But hello old people....
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Tribble wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 17:56 Things have changed - a friend of mine has been stuck in Sidney and cannot get back to Brisbane. But then she met a guy from Kenya - they fell in love and now she is moving to Sidney.

Wait, how did I miss this?!?!?! :shock: Holy smackers. My condolences.

I had COVID as did my wife. I got over it in 2 weeks, she was down for over a month on an oxygen machine here at home. With me tending to her.
Thank F*** for WFH permanently!
Prime

Post by Prime »

ryanrich wrote: 10 Sep 2021, 03:10

Yeah all good, and started new job earlier this week as a Solutions Architect for Santos, which is a big oil and gas company here and the biggest company in South Australia, loving it so far.

So sorry to hear about your husband, that is crazy! My dad's business partner passed away from Covid, really makes you realise the severity of the situation once it hits close to home. Wife and I have both had our 2 doses of Pfizer and currently zero cases here in SA, so hope that we don't ever experience it.

Folks have their PR visas now, Mom is arriving end of February 2022 and Dad about a month after, 2 cats in tow, haha.
How'd you go about getting your folks PR visas? I'm tempted by the thought and terrified by the thought of what it would actually take to get my mother to move house, let alone country.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Firestrm_ZA wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 15:03

Wait, how did I miss this?!?!?! :shock: Holy smackers. My condolences.

I had COVID as did my wife. I got over it in 2 weeks, she was down for over a month on an oxygen machine here at home. With me tending to her.
Thank F*** for WFH permanently!
Thanks
Glad you guys were fine
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I am really glad for you. You must be much happier now.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

hamin_aus wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 10:35

I'm sorry Cathy - I hope you and the family are doing okay thru all of this!
Yeah thanks. I am now in Radio Station support and learning a lot. Life goes on.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Prime wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 14:19

How'd you go about getting your folks PR visas? I'm tempted by the thought and terrified by the thought of what it would actually take to get my mother to move house, let alone country.
They had PR before I even did, around 2009/2010 I think. They then decided to stay in RSA because my Dads company was doing so well, then their visas lapsed after the 5 year period. They now applied for "Resident Return Visa's" but had to prove ties to the country so bought an investment property here in ADL, listed me as their only child, Bob's your uncle, PR granted again 3 months later. My Mom arrives in 5 weeks time and my dad a month after that, super excited!

The alternative if more than 50% of your Moms children live here is viable but very costly, around AUD$50,000.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ryanrich wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 06:44
They had PR before I even did, around 2009/2010 I think. They then decided to stay in RSA because my Dads company was doing so well, then their visas lapsed after the 5 year period. They now applied for "Resident Return Visa's" but had to prove ties to the country so bought an investment property here in ADL, listed me as their only child, Bob's your uncle, PR granted again 3 months later. My Mom arrives in 5 weeks time and my dad a month after that, super excited!

The alternative if more than 50% of your Moms children live here is viable but very costly, around AUD$50,000.
I am really so happy for you. It will be so nice to have them get to know your kids. And I can only imagine how much you miss them. :D
Prime

Post by Prime »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/author. ... %20Spanner

Ok, I don't know who did this but lol! 😂
Prime

Post by Prime »

Also, I've seen graveyards with more life than this space 😢
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

Prime wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 07:52 Also, I've seen graveyards with more life than this space 😢
I blame @tribble :roll:

But some of us are still around. :mrgreen:
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

I want to play the game in Firestrm's sig.

Also, I miss this place. It's like this site is haunted by the ghosts of people who are still alive.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Prime

Post by Prime »

Hello. Hopefully it's not haunted by anyone 😕😂
Prime

Post by Prime »

Can anyone access their PMs?
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

No i can't access my Prime Minister, looks like he wasn't copied over , that or they don't allow them to be cloned!