Helpdesk Procedures

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Cupis

Helpdesk Procedures

Post by Cupis »

Good Day Everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been on here, wow.

I currently work for a Corporate Entity as an IT Systems Administrator. I admit, I like the corporate way, I like the rules and regulations, even if they seems strict and cumbersome, but I do see the point of these things to benefit the departments and manage work correctly.

As for IT Procedures we work off a Helpdesk which people should use, but they don't. Which leads me to ask about other Corporate hounds how their IT procedures work with regards to problems raised with IT? I have heard of some Enterprises strictly enforcing the call logging system with their staff, that there are no phone calls or direct emails between IT and the staff?

How Does your Corporate/Large Business IT do it?

Kind Regards,
Cupis
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Helpdesk Procedures

Post by Anakha56 »

I tell them straight that if you do not log a ticket you will not be helped. If they go to my boss and complain well he tells them to log a ticket for the complaint to be heard. It is official policy to log a ticket through the Helpdesk if it is one of those cases where they are unable to log said ticket eg: account locked or mailbox to full to delete stuff to email then we gladly assist for any other issue I require a ticket before I can do any form of work.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

All my clients use the ticket logging system. It is actually the only way to make sure IT is actually working and to keep track of problems in a company.
Cupis

Post by Cupis »

Thanks Everyone. I was very curious as to how the helpdesk works with everyone else. I could honestly pull my hair out with all the users whom think they are greater than the Procedures. While I understand that we are to provide excellent customer services, I feel it defeats the whole purpose if I am to sit and open tickets for people because they don't feel like following the process.

I am glad to see that not all companies operate like this, yes we are a for customer service, but please respect the procedures...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

@Cupis take a read over this: http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/ ... a-helpdesk maybe you can use it to your advantage.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.