Asus Suppliers

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Psi_Co_killa

Asus Suppliers

Post by Psi_Co_killa »

Hello All

I am trying to find the supplier of Asus products
It used to be AXIS , but they no longer carry ASUS products.

Reason being : i have an ASUS EEE PC 1011CX (Cant Xpand...) and it has a few problems that only ASUS can sort out. Yes i know it is prolly the worst of all the EEE PC models , but I was overseas ((Spain) and had to get a laptop to be able to complete the work I went there to do....and it was the only laptop that was within budget (289 Euro + VAT - came to almost 350 Euro....) I still shudder when i think of what i could have bought here for that money.

HERES A SMALL LIST OF THE PROBLEMS , JUST TO WHET UR APPETITES
The webcam still doesnt work : the solution on the ASUS site doesnt help at all , theres no option in BIOS
The onboard INTEL grafix still doesnt support hardware acceleration for anything..(video , 3d grafix , nothing...)
the ESc key sometimes almost completely slides off
the power button is sticking
the left mouse button on the mousepad doesnt click properly anymore

i could go on...but will spare u all the misery.
BTW : its only 4 months old now....and NO i havent dropped it , or spilt fluids on it either.

Please : I dont want to know where I can buy an ASUS laptop (just about anywhere) I need to know who to call about a warrantee related matter...
Also I dont need a link to the global warrantee site...i want to talk to a human being in South Africa about my laptop , and i want a human being in South Africa to deal with it.

NEEDLESS TO SAY : (BUT HERE GOES...) NEVER EVER EVER BUY AN ASUS EEE PC 1011CX...
it cant even be upgraded as the ram is soldered (can u frikking believe it!!) onto the mobo ,and its only 1 Gig.
All u can do is put a bigger drive in the damn thing....but whats the point if it only has 1gig of ram and it struggles to watch any videos with a resolution of more than 720p

I should have spent the extra 50 Euro on the next model up, which had proper ATI grafix and the RAM could be upgraded......lesson learned....
I feel like i was sold a pup by ASUS , who released a product that doesnt do what it says on the box
IF THERE EVER WAS AN UNHAPPY CAMPER , THATS ME.

If any1 knows who I can call regarding the warrantee (which is a global warrantee ,and yes I registered it online the moment i got back to my hotel) i would appreciate it v much
thanx in advance
Psi_
rustypup

Re: Asus Suppliers

Post by rustypup »

1) technically a 'grey' import, so good luck RMA'ing locally
2) it's a EEE variant, so hammering on about upgrade limitations tells me your expectations around the unit are somewhat off-centre? these units are all about small form factors, low power usage and mobility... :|

whoever sold you a notebook and left you feeling you'd purchase a laptop must have been quite the salesman... :lol:

we have an Asoooos spam-bot around here somewhere who may assist... :?:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Try and pm Asus_za
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

You'll find that anything apart from laptops are not upgradable. I had the 1215n and while I managed to upgrade it with a ssd I voided the warrenty in doing so. Even the new Xenbooks cannot be upgraded so you are stuck with whats in the machine.

If you want to upgrade, get a laptop. Other than that stay away from the super thin stuff.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Psi_Co_killa

Post by Psi_Co_killa »

Hi

thanx for the speedy replies , but u guys are missing the point of my post..a bit...
a global warrantee is GLOBAL , right? as in : the globe IE : the world....(where i bought it doesnt matter as long as it was on our planet)
if the buttons are failing after 4 months : WHO DO I CALL?

my complaints about upgrading it are just me ranting a bit....

but things like the camera not working are valid issues i think....and its never worked ,i left spain 2 days later and only found the camera issue then. on the ASUS site they say : go into the bios and enable it there , but there isnt any option like they mention , to change OS installation to "finished" and then to choose "enable" camera

i knew that i had bought a notebook , not a laptop (and i got it for the very reasons u mentioned : battery life (exelent BTW 6-8 hours) and size/weight/portability) but its just the quality is so bad , if i stroke the ESC key just a bit too hard it almost comes off. not being able to upgrade the RAM etc is just a gripe I have , its not the problem in itself...
if you buy a laptop/notebook and it says on the box "includes intergrated web cam" , dont u sorta expect that it works?
Technically it does "include" a webcam...just it doesnt work at all.

Thanx for the input tho.....for what it might be worth....
guess i am just gonna have to phone ASUS SA and see what they can do for me
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

No one is missing any points of your post...
SykomantiS wrote:Try and pm Asus_za
^^ Did you try that?
Psi_Co_killa

Post by Psi_Co_killa »

Yes , thanx.

They gonna get some1 to phone me back sometime today.
turns out I have to deal directly with ASUS , as global warrantee claims arent handled by their local suppliers...
So they (ASUS) have to sort it out for me.
Which is a b it of a pain , as I am in Cape Town and they are in Jhb , so I am going to have to courier my laptop up to Jhb....

Thanx 4 the help
Psi_