Find my iPhone leads to arrests

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Find my iPhone leads to arrests

Post by Stuart »

Apple’s iPhone has had its crime-fighting capabilities detailed before, but a new story today out of Atlanta (via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution) has its Find My iPhone feature helping to catch two suspects in an armed robbery case. After five women were held up at gunpoint near the Biltmore Hotel last night in the Georgia state capital, police tracked one of their stolen iPhones to an apartment and nabbed the suspects.

Read more
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Find my iPhone leads to arrests

Post by Anakha56 »

And in other news... Find my license plate leads to arrests of multiple people ramming a SUV into a iStore.
http://gizmodo.com/5943040/crazy-footag ... pple-store

Crazy Footage of Robbers Driving Through the Glass Door of an Apple Store

Okay! This is nuts. These dumb idiots broke through the glass facade of a Los Angeles Apple store with A BMW SUV to rob its iPads, iPods, and iPhones. And were nabbed red-handed because the license plate got stuck in the metal grating.

The pair pled not-guilty to multiple felonies in court yesterday, which on the one hand driving an expensive SUV into the mouth of an Apple store sounds very fun and cathartic but on the other hand holy crap that footage is insane.
Follow the link for the crash vid...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Find my iPhone leads to arrests

Post by StarBound »

Except the car logic can easily backfire if they stole the car. The phone logic on the other hand is "What are you doing with someone elses phone?".
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.