Juniper SSG5 hardware firewall

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Abatis

Juniper SSG5 hardware firewall

Post by Abatis »

i found one of these units, its practically brand new in its original box.
but i don't have any idea how it works or what to do with it. Does somebody here have any experience with anything like this? can i use it for anything, or can i maybe sell it?

any help would be greatly appreciated
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Re: Juniper SSG5 hardware firewall

Post by Bladerunner »

The manual seems pretty extensive (first result on a google search btw), so RTFM:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardwar ... G5_540.pdf
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

i already looked at the manual, i could theoretically be able to set it up myself, but i'm more interested in hearing from anybody who has used one or even a similar product whether or not there is any practical benefit in using it, or if there would be any interest in taking it off of my hands
What does man fear most? That no one will understand him, or that someone truly might?
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

Then how did we get from:
Abatis wrote:but i don't have any idea how it works or what to do with it
to:
Abatis wrote:i could theoretically be able to set it up myself
if you read the manual all along, which I'm pretty sure explains how it works and what you do with it?
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Abatis

Post by Abatis »

a simple i don't know would have sufficed from you, this is a pretty complicated piece of hardware, the act of reading a manual doesn't magically grant full understanding of a device... yeah sure i could actually invest some time, learning about the various technologies this thing supports, or i could ask if someone has some experience and could answer a few quick questions

but in any case thank you very much for arguing with me to read the manual, rtfm should obviously be the de facto answer on any technical question even if the question isn't actually how to set it up..
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ This forum is not going to do your research for you. If you couldn't be bothered to read the manual (or search the web) and demonstrate what you have learned, we could not be bothered to give you an answer (except the answer you deserve rather than the answer you want).

Please refer to the link in my signature to find out how to ask questions that will actually give you useful answers.

Locked.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.