CellPhone Q&A

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Zana

Re: CellPhone Q&A

Post by Zana »

doo_much wrote:
Zana wrote:But what I am looking for is the weather info display/info message for the weather for Vodacom

Stick your head out the window? :lol:

I haven't used it before, but go have a look at Vodacom4me
Free registration is required. EVERYTHING on Vodacom goes via these pages - your call balances as well.

Look under news & info - weather is there.

Been there, they just show it on the website... :-( they dont provide a code where yu can put in your info-message display settings...on your phone...
I googled this...

This is what i am looking for,
Cell Broadcast
While Short Message Service (SMS) can be configured as a personal service, Cell Broadcast is a general service which is designed for subscribers of a specific cell or topic. For example, a subscriber to cell 050 in England will receive information on the GSM tower currently being used by their phone. This new concept brings a whole new meaning to the term mobile communications as the phone is now able to receive information such as share prices or weather updates without the need of data cards and computers. At present the following message types exist (note: this may vary from carrier to carrier and some carriers may charge for this service):

Code Title
000 Index
010 Flashes
020 Hospitals
022 Doctors
024 Pharmacy
030 Long Distant Road Reports
032 Local Road Reports
034 Taxis
040 Weather
050 District
052 Network Information
054 Operator Services
056 Directory Inquiries (national)
057 Directory Inquiries (international)
058 Customer Care (national)
059 Customer Care (international)
The elvin world is different from your world like our ears compared with yours.. to see all the elfs
Art Gallery: www.zananeichan.deviantart.com
garp

NOKIA 6234 Proxy settings

Post by garp »

Hi all

I have a friend overseas who is trying to setup the internet settings on their Nokia 6234. I have given them the settings that worked on the one phone, however they can't seem to find the "Proxy settings page" on the 6234. Can anyone point me in the direction on how to get to these on that phone.

Thanks
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Overseas settings will depend on the carrier AFAIK...
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
garp

Post by garp »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Overseas settings will depend on the carrier AFAIK...
I know ;) I managed to get the settings off the vodafone website (for some reason, they expect you to put them in manually...No OTA) Just for some more info.. there 2 phones, a Nokia 6120c and a Nokia 6234. I managed get him through setting up his own phone and that works now with internet (mxit), however his brothers 6234 is a problem because they can't find where to enter the settings I found. I really just need someone with the same phone to tell me where to go. like Menu - settings - ... :P
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
mrplaya911

Post by mrplaya911 »

ok guys i was wondering dose anybody know the master reset code for the nokia n73?
--------------------------------------------------------
q9300 @ 3.2ghz cooled by a vendetta 2
Asus Rampage formula
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
XFX gtx260
320gb + 500gb hdd
Coolermaster 850 watt real power pro
Cm 690
Vista Ultimate 64bit
-------------------------------------------------------
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

turn the phone off.

Hold down * 3 and green phone and turn the phone on while kepping those buttons pressed. Release when it asks for the Pin. Voila
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
mrplaya911

Post by mrplaya911 »

thanks will try it later...
--------------------------------------------------------
q9300 @ 3.2ghz cooled by a vendetta 2
Asus Rampage formula
6GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066
XFX gtx260
320gb + 500gb hdd
Coolermaster 850 watt real power pro
Cm 690
Vista Ultimate 64bit
-------------------------------------------------------
Mr_Norris

Post by Mr_Norris »

Hi All...

I have a Nokia 6234.

A certain someone tried to update the firmware and got denied.

Now it won't update. Ever.

So I figured, let me try reset it, then update. But it won't accept my security code.

So...

1) Does anyone know how to force my phone to update its firmware (Whenever I try to update, it says its on the latest firmware, when it isn't).

2) Would anyone know how to reset the phone?

Doing this:
Hold down * 3 and green phone and turn the phone on while kepping those buttons pressed.
Does not work.

Thanks so much!

[Hopes for the best]
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

which one

SE W880i
Nokia N80
Motorola Razor 2 v8
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

Hold down * 3 and green phone and turn the phone on while kepping those buttons pressed.
That trick will only work for the new Symbian phones (S60 V2 fp2 and upwards iirc)

Code: Select all

*#7370#
That should work

@Riax: the nokia is the most powerful one there, even tho its a bit old.
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

not always about the power mate its the overall package
SoulBlade

Lost cellnumber

Post by SoulBlade »

Hi Guys

This Saterday I managed to lose my cellphone. It's was an MTN prepaid phone.
I just decided to move over to Vodacom. Is there anyway to retrieve my old numer although I don't have the sim?
Since it's an MTN number will Vodacom be able to do it?

Thx
SB
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
WAJeff

Re: Lost cellnumber

Post by WAJeff »

SoulBlade wrote:Hi Guys

This Saterday I managed to lose my cellphone. It's was an MTN prepaid phone.
I just decided to move over to Vodacom. Is there anyway to retrieve my old numer although I don't have the sim?
Since it's an MTN number will Vodacom be able to do it?

Thx
SB
Delayed reply FTW :lol: :lol:
You probably gonna have to get a SIM swap from MTN, and then port your number over to Vodacom. Otherwise see what Vodacom can do, but afaik if you have SIM insurance MTN can give you a new SIM with your numbers on and all
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Thx, got the swop out. Now I'm just waiting for the HTC HD to arrive in SA....
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
doom5003

Post by doom5003 »

Is there anyway to download large files, like a 700mb file, using my cell phone, without the use of my pc (cell as modem for pc).
I have a SonyErricson W910i with a 4GB memory card.
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Doubtful, though I wouldn't anyway. If it drops the connection, the phone is not going to be able to resume form the dropped point, so will do the whole thing again.

Rather just use a PC?
to ápeiro anima
shiv

Post by shiv »

Samsung i8510 Innov8 or Sony Ericsson Xperia X1??
I'm leaning toward the Samsung, anyone differs??
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

The Sony Ericsson! By far!
shiv

Post by shiv »

Monty wrote:The Sony Ericsson! By far!
How so??
DreamStar

Post by DreamStar »

what nokia phone is aimed at the apple iphone?
shiv

Post by shiv »

DreamStar wrote:what nokia phone is aimed at the apple iphone?
here we go again... this "iphone killer" madness!! :mrgreen:
Monty
Forum Moderator

Post by Monty »

Nokia 5800 Tube or the Nokia N97 (aka N-god) (both are touchphones)

N97 is insane. Its beautiful, sexy... drool

Most symbian based nokia phones kick the iphone's but
Matador

Post by Matador »

Does anyone have a Sony Erricson C905?
Any thoughts or comments on this phone?
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 03 Apr 2011, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page