Don Bradman Cricket 2014

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Mystical_Titan

Don Bradman Cricket 2014

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Is anyone else extremely excited by this? After the crap Ashes series, including the 'no show' of Ashes Cricket 2013, this could be just what all the cricket lovers need. I've already pre-ordered mine from Kalahari.

Wikipedia page

There will also be a helmet cam, putting you right in the batsman's... um... helmet.

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Don Bradman Cricket 2014

Post by Anakha56 »

First time I am hearing of it. I still laughed when I read about another cricket game being pulled on launch:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25137093
Ashes Cricket 2013 game taken off sale
By Dave Lee

The official video game for the Ashes cricket tour has been pulled from sale after gamers branded it "shameful", "embarrassing" and "farcical".

Publisher 505 Games apologised and said refunds would be given to those who had purchased the title for PC.

The game had already been delayed by several months, and will now be abandoned entirely.

One games journalist said it was "clearly unfinished" and "didn't even have an animation for catching".

:lol:

---

As for your one, it looks good and I cant wait to read the reviews.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Anakha56 wrote:First time I am hearing of it. I still laughed when I read about another cricket game being pulled on launch:
I'd pre-ordered it, but I'm glad they've scrapped it. I just bought it out of pure desperation for a cricket game.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sheesh, that net practice video is perhaps the worst thing I've ever had to watch!
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Stuart wrote:Sheesh, that net practice video is perhaps the worst thing I've ever had to watch!
Care to elaborate on that? :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Mystical_Titan wrote:
Stuart wrote:Sheesh, that net practice video is perhaps the worst thing I've ever had to watch!
I keep waiting for the batsman to actually hit a ball, but it doesn't happen. It's like watching Chris Martin bat.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Stuart wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:
I keep waiting for the batsman to actually hit a ball, but it doesn't happen. It's like watching Chris Martin bat.
Maybe he had some design input? :P
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Last cricket game I really played was Brian Lara cricket on the fat PS1.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Marshall_Maz
Processor: I5 3Ghz
Graphics card: Geforce GTX760
Memory: 16gig DDR3

Post by Marshall_Maz »

Looking forward to this. Desperate for a new cricket game and hoping this one will be good.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Marshall, there's a demo of this game which allows you to bat in the nets. I first impressions are that this game is going to be brilliant! That certainly helps, even though I pre-order this from Kalahari before I even played the demo. :lol:

The mechanics look really, really polished and it's fun to play. Check out their FB page for the DL link. You will need a controller though. You can't play the demo with a keyboard, I'm not sure whether that will continue with the final release. Luckily I had one at the office.
Marshall_Maz
Processor: I5 3Ghz
Graphics card: Geforce GTX760
Memory: 16gig DDR3

Post by Marshall_Maz »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Marshall, there's a demo of this game which allows you to bat in the nets. I first impressions are that this game is going to be brilliant! That certainly helps, even though I pre-order this from Kalahari before I even played the demo. :lol:

The mechanics look really, really polished and it's fun to play. Check out their FB page for the DL link. You will need a controller though. You can't play the demo with a keyboard, I'm not sure whether that will continue with the final release. Luckily I had one at the office.
Xbox 360 controller ?

I hope that means that the full game will have full controller support.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Marshall_Maz wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:Marshall, there's a demo of this game which allows you to bat in the nets. I first impressions are that this game is going to be brilliant! That certainly helps, even though I pre-order this from Kalahari before I even played the demo. :lol:

Xbox 360 controller ?

I hope that means that the full game will have full controller support.
Since the demo has it already, I don't see them changing it. That would be just silly. I use a standard Logitech USB controller, it works perfectly.

Logitech F310 Gamepad
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I've got an adapter bought on eBay and would use a PS2 controller.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Flippen cool. I wish there was a tutorial though, took me forever to hit my first ball...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

MT posted an 8-minute video above in which the batsman didn't hit the ball. Don't feel that bad.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

WiK1d wrote:Flippen cool. I wish there was a tutorial though, took me forever to hit my first ball...
Don't worry, me too! :lol:

It works as follows: When the bowling machine is set to Amateur or less, you only need to select your shot direction. Once it's on Pro or higher, you also need to select front or back foot whilst playing the shot. Once you've gotten used to that, it's not so bad. The only thing I really struggle with is batting left-handed. For some reason my hands don't want to work together then. :lol:
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Haha.

Yeah once you figure it out it's quite simple really. Just jumped in with the default settings to have a go. Quite tricky batting with the helmet cam.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

That I haven't tried yet. I didn't even know you could do that in the demo until a few days ago.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

The 'Pro cam' is pretty cool, they just need to do something about the jagged lines. FXAA doesn't seem to be very effective in this case.

I also tried running the demo in 3D, but no go.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

So... has anyone picked up the console version? The next two months can't go by quickly enough! Here's the IGN review, certainly an interesting read:

Caught on the boundary
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

The ball is traveling so slowly, it might as well be going the other way.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Can you be a bit more specific?
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

So has anyone played this yet on either platform?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Life circumstances have not permitted me to do so yet.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

The graphics are quite well done and for the most part, the motion capture is very authentic. What I'm very disappointed with is the sound capture for the batting. Anyone that's played cricket or watched enough of it will know the sound a bat makes when the batsman has really timed a shot well and the game really lacks that.