Guild Wars 2 - Official Thread

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by StarBound »

My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by StarBound »

This should be my final pre-launch update to this thread.

For those interested we are Southern Legion on Aurora Glade. Link to the guild site below. And enjoy the youtube vid and screenshot of those members that participated in the last stress test last night at 10:20pm.

http://southernlegion.co.za/index.php

See ya all in game!
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Re: Guild Wars 2 - Official Thread

Post by StarBound »

Well this didn't go as expected. Am I really the only one playing Guild Wars 2 on the forum?

Ok, update time.

5 Months have passed since the release of GW2. Changes have been made but not to the core mechanics. But it is those tiny changes to the interface that improves things here and there. So let's get down and dirty about the rest of the game.

World of Warcraft (ME) vs Guild Wars 2 (WE)

If your into MMOs odds are you met WoW in one form or the other. My last stroll in WoW was 3 days after the release of MoP and that was for about 2 hours in a time frame of a day. How things are done in the 2 MMOs are on other ends and in such a way that I find WoW boring, repetitive and competitive even on your factions side.
The Guild Wars 2 mentality is born from its mechanics. Someone is dead? You can rez them regardless of class. Someones in over his head with that mob. Go over and help. You will be rewarded. That is the first part in which WoW fails. If you die it is a long walk back to your corps. Only priests, paladins (and druids now I believe) can give you the breath of life once more. See that guy attacking the rare? Wait for him to die so you can have a shot at it. That simply is not how we do things in GW2 and it still hasn't changed.
Everyone has access to the same resources in GW2. Still no competition there. Just make sure you have your finite gathering tools. Maybe it helps to keep the prices stable where WoW on the other hand suffers from gold farmers that would drop resources at the highest possible price. GW2 though you place your price on what you want and either it is paid or someone demands a lower price.
Loot is still your own. What you do with it afterwards is your own business but it helps to be around when a dragon is going down. There are no set drops (other than fractals, gw2 equive of say justice points).
Your roll in WoW is set. You are a damage dealer, you are a tank, you are a healer. Guild Wars 2 is still sticking to its guns of you are what you want to be. In all honesty it works when your not running dungeons but the complaint is that WoW is superior in this regard. You know that if your a tank you will be attacked and you need to hold the attention of everything attacking you. GW2 does not work with the threat concept and as such makes dungeons more difficult.

The Events of Guild Wars 2
I'm not going to talk about the events that replaces the static questing. This is about the events in the year that have come and gone. Some where welcomed, some where lukewarm received and others just down right met with WTF.
The Mad King
This is the first halloween event. For the most part it was fun when doing the challenges. There was some "quest" activity that for the life of me I could not complete and I didn't understand half of it.
The Lost Coast
It was a once off weekend event. Sadly I missed out on this one because it was also their invite a friend event. The server didn't handle it well and I ended up skipping the rest.
Winters Day
The Christmas event for the game had Trixx flying his golem shaped airballoon over the major cities and then stopping over Lion's Arch for a week. I missed this even in nearly its entirety. All I know is there was a recipy for a bow that shoots rainbows.
Flame and Frost
This is an upcoming event for this week. It seems that Anet is not going to let the world stagnate and aims to change things sooner rather than later.

Then on closing. I am still part of Southern Legion. The guild is not as big as it once was. However we still are rather active. 8pm last Friday night we had a little guild get together. This is what transpired amongst other things:

Please excuse the music...

My Steam Screenshots

DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

No, StarBound, you aren't the only one xD

For your information, I was the topless female Sylvari that kept shouting FOR THE HORDE'.

If you look on the first vid, I'm at the far left...
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Nice. Now we just need to get more people onboard although I doubt we need to. We are pretty big already anyway :P
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

It is a sad day when I have to say our ranks have dwindled. The driving force behind playing Guild Wars 2 has diminished drasticaly over the past few months. But now we are part of a bigger alliance rather than being an over powered brute force in numbers guild.

So yeah, what has everyone missed so far?

The living story
Each month from the end of January until the first week of May everyone was fighting the molten alliance. The remaining flame legion forces allied with the dredge. A 4 part story that ended with a dungeon with epic boss fights.

Super Adventure Box (april fools)
Logging on at the start of april had you listen to an 8 bit version of the theme. But it was a month long event that had you playing an 8-bit world. Very fun, very creative, very addictive. Hopefully it will return. Oh and one of the best/worst game over screens ever!

Southsun Cove
This event follows shortly after the living story. It takes place in what seems to be the once lost coast. The event started 14 May and should be ending around start of June.

Dragon Bash Festival
Starting 14 June. Only this vid available:
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Sky Pirates of Tyria:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/ ... e-25-2013/

From 25 Jun until 9 July a new dungeon will be available with new cosmetic items to purchase from the gem store.

My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I need to keep up. 3 Events has passed already.

Bazaar of the four winds has passed, we elected a new captain for the council that rules Lion's Arch and now its the Queens Jubilee.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Another month gone by, another 2 Events I failed to update.

20 August - Clockwork Chaos
We battled against Scarlet's invading forces, every hour, on the hour for 45minutes. The amount of loot that was dropped was insane but perhaps needed for the new game mechanics.

3 September - Super Adventure Box
The return of the SAB with world 2 unlocked. Not only did the patch add the event for a month but also ascended weapons were added to the game, magic find was removed from armour and is now part of an account wide thing.

17 September (future dated this time :P ) - Tequatl Rising
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/ ... r-17-2013/
The monster returns, buffed, seeking revenge for the number of times he got killed at the hand of loot hungry adventurers. Beware of the sunless!

My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Sigh, I really need to get this thread up to date.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

Today the next part of the story unfolds as we take back Lion's Arch from Scarlet.
My Steam Screenshots