Discuss General Game development(No programming required)

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Dude is there a way you can get away with the whole one exe thing. Could be to your benefit as well.
Well I was able to make a small exe file and decompessed files :D
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Busy compiling the static and dynamic shadows getting a bit worried when I had a look at the frame rate drop.Got the gamma fixed.And busy testing out static and dynamic lights.It not the look I'm going for.All so picked up an error with nvidia shaders with illuminationent.fx ATI GPU seem to have a problem with the cubemap shader.

So to sort out the problem I'm going to need some people to beta test the demo for me PRETTY PLEASE :D And report back,so if any one wants to become a beta tester for me, again PRETTY PLEASE PM your POSTAL addy
this would also include the full version of the game with certain limitations of course.I need about 10 people and only if you live in Gauteng.However there is a small agreement that you have to agree to.

You can't disclose any info regrading the game.
You can't copy the game.
You can't share game.
And once the beta test is over the media has to be destroyed.

Thats all. :D

"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

check pm
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

-=WiK1d=- wrote:check pm
Cool I got your details.Any one else.?
capanno

Post by capanno »

Sure Id love to help too.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Capanno_Del_Kimakigami wrote:Sure Id love to help too.
Okay so now I have.

Slasher
-=WiK1d=-
Capanno_Del_Kimakigami
Asbestos

Cool I need one more how about you Ruad?
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

i would... but i live in cape town... and what specs does it need?
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

rabb1 wrote:i would... but i live in cape town... and what specs does it need?
At this stage the system requirements are as follows

CPU-2.6GHZ Intel or AMD equal
Ram-512mb Recomended 1 GIig
Geforce FX 5700 Recommended Geforce 6600GT
ATI 9600 Recommended 9800
Will work with any card able to make use of pixel and vertex shading version 2.0 but for payable framerates nothing below ATI 9200/Geforcefx 5500 is recommended
Up to 2.2gig free HDD space
16 or 24 bit surround sound capable soundcard
Joypad is supported
Forcefeedback pad is unsupported at this stage
Windows Xp/Windows 2000 supported (Windows XP 64bit might give errors)
Windows 98/ME not supported but should work

Still trying to get a way of getting pixel shading disabled if a card doesn't support it.

I guess you get to download the demo when it's availbe in 3 to 4 weeks. :D
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

it probably wont run that well on my pc then... but quake 4 runs fine on low.... or u can send it 2 ct and il test it :P
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

rabb1 wrote:it probably wont run that well on my pc then... but quake 4 runs fine on low.... or u can send it 2 ct and il test it :P
Yeah what about the shipping costs..after all I'm paying for it but I could always work your shipping costs into the final game price? :lol: :lol:

Two reason why I'm not going to ship outside of Gauteng the price and the time it's going to take to get to you.

After all I'm running on a deadline here that I want to make... :)
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

overnight shipping... :P anyway, goodluck with the game. cheers.. i gotta go.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Well after two hours trying to figure out uploading with Plesk hosting software the website is up and running this is just a quick draft to see how it looks and get some feedback on loading times.

As to the beta demo being shipped I'm busy uploading the beta and as soon as it's done I'll give you guys a shout.

Please note that this beta demo is just a single level with Limited interactions without a soundtrack also the intro has been removed to save as much space as possible and to make the download as small as possible.One a single weapon was inserted and zombie enemies which will not appear in the final demo.

So in other words this is a simple beta demo that I would like you guys to test out give feedback if you encounter any errors.

*edit* DAMNN!! (lots of swearing &^$W#$R$#@$$@@#)
Seems to be a problem with the website. 8O :evil: :evil:

Okay seems to be a small Stuffup with the index page.

try this *Edit tell me if this works it might ask for a password but cancell it will show a very plain page but should work.
http://wizardproductions.co.za/p1.htm
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Damn I still can fix the damn website. :o I see that I have also uploaded the wrong demo and I'm not sure that it's working 100%.So if any one is willing to download the file please tell me if it's working also note that the demo has a error in it that I was suppose to fix so you if you see it you will know what I mean.That is of course you can get it to work.Will Upload the demo again and I'll make sure it's working 100%. :D
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

You make steam look good !! :)

s
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Sojourn wrote:You make steam look good !! :)

s
Hahaha funny but if you have no idea how your web hosting software works then times can be tough.....

Well this means I have to reload the website at least I don't have to reload the whole 55.2mb of it only exe file seems to have a problem. :oops: But I'm not going to reload the website just going to move the files over to FTP and supply the link.Till I can get things 100% :oops: :oops: :oops:
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

so...the beta's are posted??
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

-=WiK1d=- wrote:so...the beta's are posted??
Nope will posted them on Monday it differs from the one uploaded the one thats not working for some odd reason.Little late but you should get them some time next week or mabye a little later every thing in the demo seems to work correct pixel & vertex shading problems seem to be sorted and it's only exe that needs to be fixed. *sigh* Why is it as soon as some thing is about to go online or final you bugs. :wink:

I guess the best solution is to remove every thing and try again when I am 100% ready because at this stage I can't afford any more stuff ups. :D
Last edited by wizardofid on 02 Feb 2006, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

ok..cool then! Just let me know when you post it! Thanks!
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

8)
Last edited by wizardofid on 04 Jun 2006, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Well, cant access your website, it is asking for username / password. Gues that should answer your previous q

Also

Have you changed the game to multiple files? Even though the single exe file may be of assist with copy protection and the likes, I feel that it would cause too great a performance detriment. This would then also make your market smaller as less people will buy the game, seeing as they cannot enjoy the game to the full. Also, having any new multiplayer maps to add wouldnt work either, seeing as they would have to download the complete game again (UGH) ... Any small map changes & new additions would be done a whole lot easier in the mixed file format...

thats as much as I can think of and type before lecture starts....

All the best!
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Slasher wrote:Well, cant access your website, it is asking for username / password. Gues that should answer your previous q

Also

Have you changed the game to multiple files? Even though the single exe file may be of assist with copy protection and the likes, I feel that it would cause too great a performance detriment. This would then also make your market smaller as less people will buy the game, seeing as they cannot enjoy the game to the full. Also, having any new multiplayer maps to add wouldnt work either, seeing as they would have to download the complete game again (UGH) ... Any small map changes & new additions would be done a whole lot easier in the mixed file format...

thats as much as I can think of and type before lecture starts....

All the best!
That has all been fixed :cry: except for the damn password thing.There is a simple fix for it, it seems the pictures for the website is in a password protected folder so I just have to fix the access rights, but that will happen all in good time. :D
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Has any one seen the latest pcformat disk if you have you would have noticed FPS creator demo on the cover disk.

I'm using it and it works very well.I recommend it to any one wanting to start game development at around $46.00.So far this is the best game development system out there that no programming is needed.

As for my development well what can I say I removed the website.I will launch it when the beta demo is ready which will no longer be posted via mail but rather be avaible for download.
morgana

Post by morgana »

i'm gonna be starting a game development degree in may/june sometime and i'm not much of a game freak but i'm very interested in the core courses that they offer.

so i was thinking that when i'm done i could work in video games for a while but i'd like to move out of that and maybe into the educational field.

i've heard of only one company in SA that develops games and they are looking for game developers.

what is the future of game development in this country? i'm sure it'll only get better coz there is a rather large market for gaming products. but in the space of say about four yrs????

what is the pay at the moment for game developers or is everyone kind of freelancing?

or better yet, where can i go to find these answers?

i need to do research b4 i start with the degree coz i'm very new at this but excited. so please help.
capanno

Post by capanno »

http://www.kalahari.net/bk/product.asp? ... mat=detail

read that, and do your own thing. like me.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Haven't updated in a long time made some changes to weapon system(added new weapons) and scripting takes up a lot of my time removed the website for now and still not near a beta stage like I was hoping to be being doing the foley, music and speech is hard work.And I have the dumbest AI ever that needs fixing... 8O

But two screen shots :D