Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Post by StarBound »

That figure in itself isn't exactly something big. I've managed to get crits up to 780k with 1k weapons. Really not sure how they work out damage but I think for every main attribute you have its 1% or something.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Something like that, I can crit for close to 1.5 million and have about 1.5 million toughness which means I only die to every OTHER elite mob at Torment III solo
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I find soloing torment to be easier than multiplayer but then maybe its because of the damage everyone does. I have my dps stands at around 60k for all characters with a 800k toughness on the monk.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

So the game is finally out. Inserted my D3 RoS CE key, played the game a bit, and got a reminder of why I stopped playing Diablo 3 in the first place. The game is laggy with all the attention is getting. So it will take some time for people to leave again so blizzards server activities can get back to normal. And I must say I am not impressed on that aspect.

But its the end of the day, I havent played too far, there is the entire act5 for me to do.

So how are you guys finding the game so far?
My Steam Screenshots

MIA

Post by MIA »

Its fun, but act 5 is almost as hard as the old inferno to me. I finished act 4 on Torment 2 with no problem. I BARELY survive Torment 1 difficulty. Playing it on master now.
Spoiler (show)
The Templar boss was just super difficult. All that healing, shielding and constant reinforcements makes him no fun for me. I had to do him on expert.
EDIT: Goblin HP went from 8 mil in act 4, to 24 mil in act 5.
Some stats: 179779 DPS and 3.766 mil toughness while standing still. 163436 DPS and 2.964 mil toughness while moving. I have a passive that gives me +20% armor, +20% all resistances and +10% damage when i stand still for 1.5 sec or more. Oh and I had zero lag.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
Molean

Post by Molean »

Loving the Expansion!

Apart from Act 1, this has to be the longest Act yet. Just entered the Blood Marsh after 5hrs of gameplay, on level 67 at the moment.

Picked up some great items too.

Playing on Torment Lvl 1.
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
MIA

Post by MIA »

I must agree, its fun doing something else besides act 1-4 again. I'm gonna try the adventure mode today, unless you need to finish act 5 to unlock it, I havent checked yet.

Molean

Post by Molean »

MIA wrote:I must agree, its fun doing something else besides act 1-4 again. I'm gonna try the adventure mode today, unless you need to finish act 5 to unlock it, I havent checked yet.
Yea, you need to complete Act 5 to unlock adventure mode.
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
MIA

Post by MIA »

Bummer, guess what I'll be doing today then :P

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

@Starbound laggy? I think not!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/x ... directlink

The first thing to notice, I have a full green latency bar. Not a single hiccup :).

The second thing to notice... TWO FRIGGIN TREASURE GOBLINS!!! :cry: My Barb can barely kill one unaided and the game throws two at me... <_< Needless to say they both escaped :(.

@MIA I had the same thing, rocking Torment 2 no issue. Get into Act 5 and I struggle badly... :( As you can see in the screenshot I am on Master level.

The only thing I dislike about this new expansion right now is how big the foreign levels are. Its insanely huge and at one point I found the exit and took it without exploring the whole stage. It's insane...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Molean

Post by Molean »

Anakha56 wrote: The only thing I dislike about this new expansion right now is how big the foreign levels are. Its insanely huge and at one point I found the exit and took it without exploring the whole stage. It's insane...
Too big? That isn't what she said ;)

I am enjoyed the Huge maps, reminds me of D2...pity the previous Acts aren't the same...

LvL 69 at the mo, almost finished The Blood Marsh(Torment lvl1)...picked up two great Legendary items yesterday, Breast Plate and a Mighty Two Handed Axe, so I now do 400k DPS Buffed, 4mil toughness and 430k health...so much of the fun :)
MIA

Post by MIA »

I reached level 70 yesterday. The new wizard passives are insane. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MIA- ... o/33080811
Blackhole crits between 1.8 and 2.4 mil damage. Hydra deals about 1.5 mil damage per tick. One passive gives the monsters -20% defense, etc, etc.

All this and I still cant survive in torment lol.

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

very much over loot 2.0. it's duff...

2 handers have suckier DPS than 1 handers...

my wiz has collected 1 weapon, 5 helmets and about 50 billion rings and amulets, most of which were variations of the same set of 5.... (correction, i got one pair of stinky pants... )

my WD keeps collecting useless chest armor and somewhere in the region of eleventy billion crossbows...

my DH has found not one single weapon upgrade, the same 4/5 cruddy helmets, (leroic's crown! again! yeehaa!), and eleventy billion wands...

something is wrong in the land of the loot grind...

on the plus side, i have a nice collection of crafting mats... which are useless because you simply cannot craft the rolls you get from drops... (wiz cannot craft a single wand with INT+socket. it's either/or.)

some ways to go yet, actibliz... :roll:
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I'd say loot 2.0 got nerfed. The drops prior to RoS where all class specific items and now its random again which is better imo, but like you said, useless stat and drop allocations.
My Steam Screenshots

MIA

Post by MIA »

Cant really say I have this problem, but I didnt pay close attention to drops. I did notice there were no treasure goblins when i played yesterday. One problem I have with the new drops is getting gear for your companion.
If you're a wizard using the templar companion, its pretty hard to get gear with +str mods. My templar has 2k intel now :lol:

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote:I'd say loot 2.0 got nerfed
i'd say it got broken... i had one run where i collected 5 legendaries in battlegrounds in ~10 minutes - it was literally raining the sods - and they were all completely pointless..
MIA wrote:My templar has 2k intel now :lol:
you're going to have to re-roll companions... figured this out in beta... my sorceress is now running at 40k/50k dps...
Molean

Post by Molean »

Hmm can't say I have this problem either...of the 20-30 new Legendary items I have collected over the past 2 weeks of gameplay, only 3 were for a different class, while perhaps 5 haven't been used for not being a big enough power upgrade and only one has been a dupe item...otherwise every other Legendary has boosted my character in someway...I have only picked up 3 set items, of which 2 were a complete set and I still use them...the other was a helmet, but found a better one...
MIA

Post by MIA »

Last boss was a pain. After dieing 5 times I decided to lower the difficulty. 437 mil HP is a bit too much :lol:
Nice plot twist in the end video, but that is all I'll say :P

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Dunno what your problem is... I'm playing Torment I with my wizard without any issues in Act V. And tbh I am not that well equipped either.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aluc ... o/31243664
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
MIA

Post by MIA »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Dunno what your problem is... I'm playing Torment I with my wizard without any issues in Act V. And tbh I am not that well equipped either.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aluc ... o/31243664
How far into act V are you?

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

I dropped down to Expert and went on from there. Now that the campaign is over I am going to enjoy Adventure Mode :). I also finally got my Barb to break the 100k dps mark :?...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Molean wrote:Hmm can't say I have this problem either...
"upgrades" i got this morning on my wizard:
Spoiler (show)
Spoiler (show)
Spoiler (show)
up to lvl 60, all good, once i hit 60, the drops went wonky... as in zero upgrades... i have a number of plans, but the plans roll worse stats than the drops, so crafting itself is a joke :lol:

i'm leaning toward the conspiracy theory that drops favour RoS players... :cussing:
MIA

Post by MIA »

rustypup wrote:i'm leaning toward the conspiracy theory that drops favour RoS players... :cussing:
Come join the darkside :lol:
Here is my gear after a few adventure runs:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MIA- ... o/33080811
I started a crusader today and playing it on expert. Skeleton King was surprisingly easy. I'm thinking the crusader is currently a bit OP.

Molean

Post by Molean »

Myself and 2 friends had an online lan this weekend and all started with a Crusader, which I might add is a REALLY fun character to play with!

We began on Torment lvl2 and played all the way through till the beginning of Act V before we had to wrap up.
Only time we had to drop the Difficulty is when we got to Act 3, but after a few Leg drops, we upped it back to TormentLvl1 and didn't have any trouble, well it wasn't easy, but a challenge is good. The drops were great! and it was awesome to sit next to my friends while we all played to observe drops and how we all decided to play with the Crusaders. Our styles varied, with certain spells/attacks we all used throughout the game. The drops were great too! Anything from picking up two legs within 2minutes of each other, to double leg drops and we all manage to get at least one or two set items.

After 19hr46minutes:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wint ... o/39472253

Not once did we think the class was OP. And we had to tone down the Difficulty when we hit a wall, or we had to get better gear, but we never went below Master.

My main Char:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wint ... ro/4969662

His DPS is a little lackluster, but I am trying to go for a nice tank and building up his toughness.
I do aboot 200-400k buffed combined with certain powers.
Last edited by Molean on 30 Mar 2014, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
MIA

Post by MIA »

Torment difficulty gets unlocked once you hit level 60. So how did you do T2 from level 1? Or am I misunderstanding?