Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
DarkStar

Re: Diablo 3 Official!!!

Post by DarkStar »

So I finished Diablo 3 on Normal last night.

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed in the game's length. I mean, I remember Diablo 2 being at least twice as long gameplay wise.

Now, of course there is the harder difficulties, but still. The game was...too easy. (Even for a 'normal mode')

At the very least, this opens my character up for nightmare and grouping.
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Diablo 2 was long and with lord of destruction it was way too long. Yes normal is easy. That is the biggest mistake everyone that plays only the first difficulty makes. Then go into nightmare act 1 all ballzy and ends up dying numorous times in act 2. Despite my bragging rights of only dying from act 3 on nightmare the difficulty starts ramping up badly and I for one found myself searching the AH just to get weapons to do damage and survive.

But let's wait and see what happens later on.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote:I for one found myself searching the AH just to get weapons to do damage and survive.
this. it's becoming increasingly apparent that AH is an integral part of the game. your SP/MP drops will see you scrape through but you always have the option of burying more gold in AH and buying your way through...

its actiblizzard playing at fake economies and it's actually ruining the game, (at least for me).

when PvP comes in, expect to see the RMAH reap them some major rewards. it will be the only way to remain competitive.
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I want to disagree on the last part but when RMAH hits the best gear will go that way. My guess is that pvp will be only for lvl60s and if you really want to be the best that means grinding inferno for gear. Pricing comes into play by a big margin.

eg I only buyout up to a max of 10000gold. lets say that gets me a 200dps. ignoring a price limit and I could get a 300dps weapon for 100000 or more.
My Steam Screenshots

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote:I want to disagree on the last part but when RMAH hits the best gear will go that way.
i read a blue post a short while back where it was stated that the drop rates had been impaired to protect the AH/RMAH economies.

so, keep this in mind when you're wading through a blue/white sea of garbage drops :lol:

<edit>
Bashiok wrote:So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items.
<..>
If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.

The game is more an AH with an aRPG attached. much like they went out of their way to monetize SC2 events in the east, it starts by asking "how can we extract the maximum amount of milk" and moves on from there....
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

What worries me still is how Torchlight 2 will handle its "end game". Diablo 2 was progressive in letting you beat the game then take the next step with your unlocked character and improving things as it went along. Diablo 3 also unlocks all your base skill sets but as you progress it gives effect changes to them. Inferno is the peak of it all where the challange should be evened out where something in act1 will be just as deadly as something from act4.

So here is hoping TL2 has some form of high lvl content generator.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

I hate the auction house :(. Thought to myself I need a better weapon to fight the hordes with, so off I go to the AH and see a stunner of a weapon for my current level and that was priced "just right". So I put my bid in only to be told that it was not high enough and I lose all 80,000 of my gold :cry:. Now my Barb is a poor one although I did just finish the game with my current weapons but still :(.

/waiting for any other ARPG to launch to take my mind off Diablo 3... :(
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
MIA

Post by MIA »

I have not opened the AH yet, but shouldn't there be some sort of collection area where you collect your money from failed bids? Else its probably a bug in the game, i'd email their support team if i were you.

Friend told me about stuff costing 21 mil... lol wonder where the fool players think one is suppose to get that kind of money. Probably from grinding gear 24/7.
Forum Points: 16400

Please sign and forward this. Its for a good cause. Dungeon Keeper 3
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

There is. If you go to the completed tab your items that failed to sell and gold from auctions will be there.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Well seems more and more people are having issues with the AH judging from the Diablo 3 forums.

The more you play the game the more its inherent issues seeps through all the cracks. As rusty said the game was built around the AH rather than the AH around the game. Worst of all about the AH is blizzard has been doing this for 6 years now. There is no reason for them to have these issues. The concern I have at this moment is the pricing of the AH. I seriously don't have the money asked for some of these items so I have no idea where you can get that kind of currency.

Again with all of this it just makes me hope even more that Torchlight 2 will be beyond expectations and that is a problem blizzard has created. But we will see.
My Steam Screenshots

MIA

Post by MIA »

Not sure if this is mentioned/posted somewhere, but you'll probably be able to buy Diablo 3 ingame currency with your real money.

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Everyone is doing it. It won't surprise me if they do it. From an investors point of view its a brilliant idea. From a gaming stand point it is as stupid as it gets. Its one the same level is competing in the olympic games with steroids.

But we will see. I am eager to see what the pvp/arenas will bring.
My Steam Screenshots

Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Just wish they would hurry up with this patch, had such bad lag for the first time last night, in Act II in the sewers fetching Adria right up until I was in the Oasis searching for the head...

Loving the whirwind skill for my Barb.

Must agree with everyone else, they've pulled a bit of a dirty one with the looting, getting quite a few magical items, but no yellows / oranges worth anything, found some rare fist thingys and a rare shaman mask, neither of which are of any use to a barbarian, sigh.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
MIA

Post by MIA »

One of the biggest pieces of feedback we’ve received regarding items is the relative power of Legendaries. This isn’t a simple issue to address, as it involves some intentional design decisions as well as expectations built by other games. First and foremost, Legendary items are not designed to necessarily be the best items in the game. They’re just one additional type of item as you level up, and they are not meant to be the primary items you’re chasing at the end-game. They can -- and should -- be exciting to find, but they’re not supposed to serve as the single driving force of the item hunt. Rare items, for example, have the possibility to roll up “perfect” stats that can, if you’re lucky, outpace the predetermined stats of a Legendary. That’s by design.
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173

Hopefully they'll make legendaries a bit more useful. I have yet to find my 1st legendary.

EDIT: After reading the same article a bit more:
In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1).
Yay. :D

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote:the game was built around the AH rather than the AH around the game.
didn't start out there... if you follow the trail, they started out by stating that the AH was only going to be a service offered to the players to secure their trades and keep everyone happy/safe. then a month or two later they were presenting investors with profit forecasts on the hastily announced RMAH...

so, activision clearly blinked "what? for free? are you nuts?! there's money in them thar trades!" and now we have reduced drop rates and gimped drop rolls... :roll:

honestly contemplating the refund route because i didn't buy this game for half the content... i have no interest in trading in-game gold with mouth breathers for what is technically valid content.

i certainly didn't buy it to trade for imaginary items in real currency - which is where inferno will be unless they do something drastic to correct the gear requirement.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

If you want to further gimp it have you seen the variances the same item has in the game? for instance in diablo 2 a unique item would have around a small damage or armour difference. In D3 I've seen a legendary bow with a 100dps variance at lvl52. The same item, 320dps vs 220dps. That translate into a difference of 1500 dmg after all conversions has been done.

If that is the way the game is going then I would say screw the randomness and lets see some set items. That way you know when going into the next act that you start with weapon A, then get weapon B halfway thru and exit with weapon C.
My Steam Screenshots

GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

This is all starting to piss me off. THis is how I think it happened:

Need to prevent piracy -> FULL TIME ONLINE! -> Need money to maintain servers -> RMAH!

Sometime I wish I was emperor of the world, punishment would be swift...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I'd make the bullet lag :P
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Thought I would share. Link to the forum with it and gonna quote it:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4507470808
Jay call's me on the phone and say's: What up bru, why are you upset?

Me: That's really you isn't it?

JW: Yes it is, it's me allright.

Me: Awesome. Never thought i would speak to the man himself. What do you want?

JW: I hear that you, and alot of other players are disgruntled by the gameplay in Diablo 3. Whats wrong?

Me: The long version or the short one?

JW: Give me the short one, I have a jobinterview with EA soon(ish).

Me: Well, playing Diablo 3 is like playing dices. There's no sense of accomplishment when i play the game.

JW: But you get achivements?

Me: Yes i do get achivements, but a game based on that isn't really why im playing. I want to be challenged.

JW: But we have Inferno mode for that, even Hardcore. Now there's a real challenge!

Me: You're not listening to what im saying. Inferno is not really challenging, you just need the proper gear.

JW: But we've rigged it so you can never have good enough gear to survive Inferno?

Me: Exactly.

JW: Now im confused. You said you wanted to get challenged, and a sense of accomplishment. We gave you the challenge of beating the odds.

Me: Well, i guess that we have different opinions on what's fun then.

JW: So what can we do to make it fun?

Me: Well, if you created the monsters so we had to use skill to kill them, not only the gear.

JW: Basically you're just whining then?

Me: Not at all, im just saying that fun and challenging gameplay allows for the player to grow, and learn. Right now i can tell you flat out whether i will kill a monster or get killed by it.

JW: I see. But if we did that, that would mean that people would buy less gear from the auction house. Bobby Kotick wont ever go for that idea.

Me: So basically, this isn't a game? Just a way of getting more money?

JW: I never said that, and you can't quote me for saying that, even if it is true.

Me: So are you gonna do it?

JW: Do what?

Me: Change it?

JW: I dont know. I understand what you are saying but...

Me: But what?

JW: Im getting this really big bonus, and i really want a new pool in my backyard.

Me: Great, i have the same feeling right now as when i reached level 60!

JW: What do you mean?

Me: The empty feeling when i realize i just wasted my time on Blizzard again...
Credit to the user Sequenze for the post. Oddly enough feeling like this right now.
My Steam Screenshots

Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

The lag oh the lag. Last week I was in the green the whole time, now Caldeum from the oasis onwards has been a nightmare of lag *hacks away violently at thin air and then dies for unknown reasons when game catches up*.

Really hope the patch sorts that out, don't know if its because more and more players are buying the game and logging on.

Was thinking about the whole RMAH / AH as you guys were talking and was thinking that's probably why there's no option to opt out of all online play and have a single player / PC-side client option because they've gimped the game to be unbeatable in inferno using stock items, the hairy-back Mary's want users to buy better kit off the auction house. This sort of underhanded tactic reeks to the high heavens.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Clicked the play button and got greeted by E37. ...this has really gotten old really fast.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Be glad. Played this afternoon only to see blue messages in the chat window talking crud :(. Why when I am playing single player do I need to read about some guy asking for advice on his "build"? Its not like you can go wrong in this game... :/ Hopefully there will be a option to switch off random chat messages...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

There is. Right click on the chat box and say leave channel.
My Steam Screenshots

StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Okaaaaay, so it seems that Web Africa giving me a 4mbps connection for the past two years or so was a slip-up on their part, which is why I got a 384k connection when they migrated the old Titan accounts over to Home ADSL.
It was super while it lasted. Now Diablo 3 doesn't work very well on a 384/128kbps link, it seems, so I'll be giving it a rest until Telkom gives us 384k line users the free upgrade they are talking about on MyBB, I win the lottery, or get a hefty increase.

See you later. :wave:
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Are you tired of seeing "Error 37"? Want to do something about it? Well now you can! Fill in the below petition and feel Diablo himself laugh at your silly soul for thinking you will be free of his demonic touch! Maybe he will be nice and spawn you a legendary error to beat all errors with...
*you do not have to sell your soul to do this but it is recommended for optimal results...

http://www.change.org/petitions/blizzar ... ayer-patch
Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun. This is Diablo 3.

Why this petition is important:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii
The Meta-critic and worldwide Diablo Hardcore fans want an Offline Single Player Patch.

Reasons are as follows:

Always Online Requirement
Want to play anytime and anywhere without having the worry of an internet connection.
Some fans can't afford a great internet connection.
Create Two Accounts: Online Player/Offline Player
$60 Price tag should warrant you play the game how you want.

Signed for the lulz... :P