The official TrackMania Nations thread.

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Law

Post by Law »

L0L

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

XL-TURBO wrote:
Zell wrote:Oh and I still rate I am the best.
*Cough, Cough*
:lol:

Okay okay I apologise... Never meant to become a boaster! Proof is I never said a word when I became #1... I am really really sorry! Dissapointed with myself for saying that.

But now that I broke my top 500 in the world aim I am off.... Its been fun racing for points and with the top guys in the world! I loved it and I am really sad to say bye.
I will see you on LIT sometimes though. :)
Last edited by Zell on 26 Jun 2006, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Luke7777

Post by Luke7777 »

XL-TURBO wrote:*Cough, Cough*
That's the problem with these bloody open wheelers......dust and fumes just kill you
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Luke7777 wrote:
XL-TURBO wrote:*Cough, Cough*
That's the problem with these bloody open wheelers......dust and fumes just kill you
Lol!

Luke keep the pipe going... for south africa! :P
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

LOL Luke :)
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Hehe Im already feeling a little depressed... this game is just so cool... but I will be happy later.

Turbo I will wave as you fly past me.. no hard feelings bud and I will maybe see you again one day. :)
BurgerBuster

Post by BurgerBuster »

woah nice Turbo!!! you really shooting up the list
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

Thx buddy :)
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

:twisted: *waves and laugh's*
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

*waves* :)

Get as far as possible mate before your semester starts and lemme know what rank you reach! :D

EDIT:

Eek I never said why I decided to retire now and not at the end of the holidays....
Well I start working next week for the university doing some engineering project... when I finish with that I will have an exam at the end of July, and then the semester starts.
And this week I have alot to do like get new glasses, and also since my friend and I decided on rank <500 to retire on and I reach it, that was it.
Hence I retired today. :) I woulda like to play with Turbo more, but unfortunately today was the day.
Luke7777

Post by Luke7777 »

Zell wrote:I woulda like to play with Turbo more, but unfortunately today was the day.
Somehow I didn't picture Turbo as that kind of guy... :oops:
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Luke7777 wrote:
Zell wrote:I woulda like to play with Turbo more, but unfortunately today was the day.
Somehow I didn't picture Turbo as that kind of guy... :oops:
LOL!!!!
ynoz

Post by ynoz »

Zell I respect your desition and wish you luck with your studies...... I also would like to ask which servers excluding the ned-rsa server is also good servers to race on?
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Thanks man. :)

The best servers I have encountered:

`wooty4us ranked in GBR
This server has some of the best full speed maps. If you want to develope your speed skills, play on here. At first you will think you need to brake alot, but if you play enough you will become experienced to play full speed maps without letting go of acceleration... EVER. I personally am a fast racer... I don't enjoy slow maps.

`Jamlan.de Anfaenger in GER
Want to play Nadeo's maps and beat his record?
Well on this map pretty high ranked players play, and you often find that the top 80 are within 1 second of each other. 123 players makes it ideal to gain lots of points for winning. And the rush of beating 123 good racers is awesome.
This server even though it may be very boring, helps to develope your techincal (slow) track skills...

`440KOFFS in USA
Although this server is run by a lunatic who actually keeps on posting crap about the developers of this game, and who insists that the top 10 racers are demons from hell on the net, these tracks are all expert difficulty, and if you are up for a challenge, it should be fun to play here. Just be warned although many maps may say "Zadhum" as the creator, its wrong... he steals other people's maps and renames them as his own. An evil leech.

`Linksmai in LTU
Well this server has now become the stepping stone for the top 1500 to get into the top 1000 in the world. Although the owner of this server is a lunatic who started a whole war between two factions of top ranked players in the world, this server is fun. Just stay silent and he might not ban you. But to get to the top 1500 you need experience and you need to get points on the other top servers.

`KTD's =LIT= in LTU
Run by serbian friends of mine, and owned by KTD, the leader of the "other faction of racers", this server is the best!!! I was set to become admin over there but I retired... :(
This server is ONLY for the top 1000 racers, but its worth working for that, because this server has about 100 maps or more playing sequentially, and the best racers of the world congregate here. I think this is the best because of the cool people and the huge variety of extreme maps.

There are many others which I have played on and I liked... I made it a point to play in every country and rape all just to spread my name. :lol: Was fun.

You can surely find other very nice servers but these are my personal best.
Unc1354m

Post by Unc1354m »

`wooty4us ranked in GBR
This server has some of the best full speed maps. If you want to develope your speed skills, play on here. At first you will think you need to brake alot, but if you play enough you will become experienced to play full speed maps without letting go of acceleration... EVER. I personally am a fast racer... I don't enjoy slow maps.
I actualy find wooty's tracks -very- boring, and no good players play on it these days, not a challenging server at all.
`440KOFFS in USA
Although this server is run by a lunatic who actually keeps on posting crap about the developers of this game, and who insists that the top 10 racers are demons from hell on the net, these tracks are all expert difficulty, and if you are up for a challenge, it should be fun to play here. Just be warned although many maps may say "Zadhum" as the creator, its wrong... he steals other people's maps and renames them as his own. An evil leech.
His texture 'mods' abuse my cap :/
but it's a good server, but yet again, no good players play here anymore.
And most of the tracks have the name of the original author in the intro or something, but Zhadum edit's all the tracks to add new effects and stuff, so it puts his name as the 'author'

A server i have fun in is > DFA[Death from above, UK].

But what i'm looking for is a server which is a challenge to get a podium finish, tried a few popular servers, none was what i was looking for.

Heard theres good players in KTD\Linksmai, but my rank 7K is too high. this is the problem with these damned rank caps, just because i didnt upkeep my rank\spend hours farming rank in boring servers, i cant race with racers around my level :(

And @ zell, why retire altogether?, play for 20minutes-1hour perday, or play on some weekends ;)

I would like to race you someday, to see if you are a challenge for me these days :p
But if you think those exe guys are the best, then even more wrong. They play only the same maps...
.exe has some brilliant members, just because we do play on the same server most of the time, it doesnt mean we cant learn new tracks, i always learn the track the first time i play it rather then trying to get a good time.

You have hardly even seen us race.

Come play on the NED-RSA sometimes, just for the fun of it, i'm also intrested in seeing how much you've improved since the days you couldnt get a podium finish in NED-RSA. ;)

Finaly: I find the NED-RSA server alot funner then other servers, we've got a good community.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Unc1354m wrote:Come play on the NED-RSA sometimes, just for the fun of it, i'm also intrested in seeing how much you've improved since the days you couldnt get a podium finish in NED-RSA. ;)
I take the wink as a joke.. right? :lol:
I got nothin' but podiums when I played there. :biggrin:

Another good server where good players still play is the "UK ROUNDS" in GBR
I suggest you guys give it a try when the UK and w4 clans are playing on there.

And yeah I wouldn't mind playing with you... maybe toiwards the end of the holidays? I am just screwed from next week onwards, so not even 1 hour of fun can do... won't have that much time even. :lol:

Maybe we can organise a day at the end of July where we all play on new maps in NED RSA and get Lucky, Fuct, turbo, you, me and other enthusiasts to play together! Should be fun. :D
infy

Post by infy »

A good racer is some1 who is fast on race tracks, like the eswc and nadoe 1's. Those obstical tracks dont test racing skill, they test problem solving and experiance. I personaly dont find them fun but play them coz every1 else does. I find the tracks without loops and so on more fun as all comes down to slowing down right and taking the right line through a group of joining corners.
tm.plasma // iNFy

IS.Gaming CS:S Core Admin.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Hehe Infy, agreeing with you would be good for me, but I disagree.
To be a good racer, you have to be good in both.
Fast in fast tracks, and fast in technical tracks.

Unfortunately you do need alot of experience in the slow trakcs (tonnes) but its all about getting your breaking, turning, acceleration and line perfect. Now that requires alot of skill just like fast tracks, but fast tracks require less experience on that specific track.
Sickwacky

Post by Sickwacky »

Zell wrote:Hehe Infy, agreeing with you would be good for me, but I disagree.
To be a good racer, you have to be good in both.
Fast in fast tracks, and fast in technical tracks.

Unfortunately you do need alot of experience in the slow trakcs (tonnes) but its all about getting your breaking, turning, acceleration and line perfect. Now that requires alot of skill just like fast tracks, but fast tracks require less experience on that specific track.
I totally agree with zell :D :wink:
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

Yeah Infy me 2...
you gotta be good at both...
Only tech tracks i HATE is 'Tiny Tech' 1 & 2,
any other is cool by me :)
Zell wrote:Maybe we can organise a day at the end of July where we all play on new maps in NED RSA and get Lucky, Fuct, turbo, you, me and other enthusiasts to play together! Should be fun. :D
Thats a very good idea actually...
Just one thing:

"get Lucky, Fuct, turbo, you, me"

Why does only my name not start with a capital letter hey :P

I feel so un-loved :|
Last edited by XL-TURBO on 28 Jun 2006, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

:twisted:
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

XL-TURBO wrote:Just one thing:

"get Lucky, Fuct, turbo, you, me"

Why does only my name not start with a capital letter hey :P

I feel so un-loved :|
Cause you're the worst racer... know your place boy!

ROFL! Just kidding mate! So sorry for missing out your name, I have no clue why I didn't put the capital in... :P

Turbo! Yeah, now you got it in bold even... :D

EDIT: And yeah, TinyTech is the biggest POO ever!!! Its the one track where I will be 2 seconds behind first place and still rate I got a perfect lap in...
Last edited by Zell on 28 Jun 2006, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

Yeah im sure you dont know why... zell

:P
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

XL-TURBO wrote:Yeah im sure you dont know why... zell

:P
hey hey its Zell.

:lol: ;)
XL-TURBO

Post by XL-TURBO »

lol zell... TURBO 8)

muhahaha!

anyway cheers! goin to a buddy of mine now...