Neat Stuff To Download

Any software related topics go in here.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Neat Stuff To Download

Post by neon_chameleon »

Hi everyone,

Think this might have done before but anyways...

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where people could list neat stuff to download. List links for game addons, game demos, movie trailers, funny video clips, flash movies, legal ebooks, legal music, images, freeware, shareware software, screensavers, desktop themes, skins, patches, service packs ... etc.

Also what would be great would be Linux distro's and amazing PC game video's.

Note that all content listed must not under any circumstances contain the following :

1. Any advertising or self promotion content
2. Any illegial content (ie. warez)
3. Content of sexual nature
4. Data that is not licenced to be publicly available on the Internet
5. Clowns - I just hate clowns

Purposed format :

Code: Select all

[color=blue][size=18]<Name Of Download/Site>[/size][/color][url=www.whatever.com]Here[/url] 

Comment : <comments/decrip of download>
To look like this :

<Name Of Download/Site>Here

Requests or comments can be written in normal default text.
Last edited by neon_chameleon on 16 Jul 2005, 18:32, edited 6 times in total.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

LINUX DISTROS:This is the only place you'll ever need when looking for linux ditros.
D/L away!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Nice Narkath, thanks!

Homer Simpson Clip:Here
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

What are Distros? Programs? What do you guys do when you need to run a program that only works on Windows, on Linux?

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Use an emulator, there are a few, never used any before though.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

WoolyBadBaba wrote:What are Distros? Programs? What do you guys do when you need to run a program that only works on Windows, on Linux?
Distros are Distributions (ie. Linux Distributions). Check out all of them, on that link that Narkath posted.

You guys found any cool stuff lately?
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Nice topic Neon! I'll try post some links when i can actually think clearly.....
***man i hate hangovers!***
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Friggs wrote:Nice topic Neon! I'll try post some links when i can actually think clearly.....
***man i hate hangovers!***
Hey Friggs! Thanks, man. Maybe try a KGB?

Anyway @ everyone

Free Legal Trance Music : Here

For those who are into the trance music and want to do it the legal way.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

LOL, I was actually thinking bout that but didn't see it anywhere.... sleep also works well ;)

Legal Dance Mp3's : Here

Comment : It's dance music, the DJ's upload there tracks to the site so they're giving it to you!

Keep the links coming people! We could get a nice collection. I think people should also give there opinions, for example if it's a freeware app they should tell us a little about the app and give us an opinion!

***EDIT: The above link is from Maplassie1, thanx dude!
Last edited by Friggs on 12 Dec 2004, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
jee

Post by jee »

Hmmm you all probably know sourceforge, Open Source software development website.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Friggs wrote:
Thanx for the link, Here's a link where you can also DL legal mp3's. It's dance music, the DJ's upload there tracks to the site so they're giving it to you!
Yeah, nice! My brother and I are currently making our own trance/rave/dance music. Well we've got some finished I'll post some.
Keep the links coming people! We could get a nice collection. I think people should also give there opinions, for example if it's a freeware app they should tell us a little about the app and give us an opinion!
Nice collection and then... world domination! :twisted: Ha Ha! LOL!

As for the opinions, a good idea. Maybe also put technical descriptions, as well as your personal opinion of the programme and a little about the programme/site in your own words.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

exactly, world domination here we come! <insert evil laugh>

Forgot to add that the link is originally from Maplassie1, so credit to him!
JEdiWaNNaBE

Post by JEdiWaNNaBE »

if you have a mweb account you can get free south african artist mp3's from here
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

------------------------Skinning:----------------------------
http://www.winmatrix.com/
http://www.customize.org/
----------------------------------------------------

------------------Instant Messaging----------------------
GAIM (windows version. theres a linux one too) is a an IM program that handles most of the IM protocols: YIM, AIM, MSNM etc. it also does IRC.
So dump all of your other IM clients. :twisted:
-------------------------------------------------------------
the_nominator

Post by the_nominator »

Anyone know of an app that automatically disconnects u at a certain time?
ImageStuff the DS!
07 Designs|Portfolio
SmL9

Post by SmL9 »

You could use something like Autoshutdown Pro to simply switch off your pc at a certain time. Just make sure you have your settings right because leaving the internet on till 10 am if you have dialup can be pretty bad.
I think you can configure it to actually disconnect you at a certain time, but I haven't managed that yet. I feel safer switching off my pc anyway.

Download it aswell as a few other cool tools at:
http://www.barefootinc.com/downloads.htm
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

WinOFFHere

Comment : A shutdown app Neon seems to like

[neon_chameleon : Yep]
Last edited by Psych0_Cr1tt3r on 18 Dec 2004, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Hi everyone, great to see the thread taking off. Some really cool stuff here so thanks ppl.

However maybe this format we were talking about on page 1 is an idea to implement. Just an idea here, but if you post please supply the name of the programme or Site Name at the top of the followed by either the url or supply a text base link. It would be neat to have it like that. Like Narkath first posted on page 1, ie. in following default way :

Code: Select all

[color=blue][size=18]<Name Of Download/Site>[/size][/color][url=www.whatever.com]Here[/url] 

To be :

<Name Of Download/Site>Here

Requests or comments can be written in normal default text. I'll post this on first post so the format can be copied for convenience sake.
I have quite a few of these shutdowner apps, but this one is way superior. Thanks Psych0_Cr1tt3r!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Wow, this "format" thingie, seems to have stunned the thread. Rather forget the last post of mine, just post stuff how ever you like.

NFSU 2 1.1 Patch : Here

Comment : Fixes bugs, what else? PS. Sorry if this has been mentioned in the NFUS2 thread have been reading all of it.
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

Jolly Good Jokes.co.zaHere

Comment : A local site for funny vids and stuff.

Racing Flix.comHere

Comment : A site for some good racing vids.

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

<Red vs Blue>Here

really really really funny clips made using Halo engine. I don't know if any of you have checked this out, seeing as it was in PCF, but its definately worth a look. So far its up to episode 45, I have most of them. Check it out and laugh...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Everyone has probably been to this site but it's still cool and the downloads are awesome. Everything you will ever need.

www.download.com
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Neon this thread is turning out to be very helpfull :wink:

Nice idea :idea: :!:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Total Copy 1.2 Here

Comment : From Product Description
Total Copy is a handy shell extension, that allows you to pause and resume file copies under Windows. It integrates into the right click menu and becomes available whenever you drag files or folders to copy them. You can also limit the copy speed, if needed.

Total Copy also speeds up the overall copy process. The program does not modify the default copy function, but rather installs as an additional option.

Features:

- Pause / Resuming : At any time you may pause the copy-prosess, and continue later.
- Auto-pause on any error : If you run out of disk space, the network goes down, or some other error occurs, copying is automatically paused, and you may resume when the error is sorted out.
- Resuming on Power Failure : If the computer is turned off during the copy prosess (ex. power-loss or system-crash), Total Copy lets you resume when you restart.
- Speed limit : Slows down the copy prosess, and frees resources to other tasks.
- Faster than Windows : Copies slightly faster than Windows (approx. 10% locally, and 1% on network)
- Small improvements : Shows copy-speed, a percent-bar and KBytes remaining.
- Does not modify Windows' own copy-function : This program will not alter the existing windows-copy-function.
brabham

Post by brabham »

Anyone know where I can download the trailer of the new Star Wars movie Return of the Sith? I know it out and I have seen it but I would like to download and keep it.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer