Crystal Reports Viewer Needed

Any software related topics go in here.
doo_much

Crystal Reports Viewer Needed

Post by doo_much »

Hi there,

I need a rather basic Crystal Reports (I'm still using version 8 with no plans to upgrade) Viewer. And the Google solutions I've tried are all either mallware/adware ridden or just plain suck.

Ideally the program would list all reports from a folder as menu items for the user to select and view/export/print. No fancy selects etc.

Any ideas?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Re: Crystal Reports Viewer Needed

Post by GDI_Lord »

When I still user CR there was a viewer on the installation CD (CR 9.5)

There also should be a very (and I mean very!) easy to use API that you can just BAM one up yourself if you ABSOLUTELY need to. Just in case you can only get your hands on a "modern" CR SDK, don't worry: the managed and unmanaged code that came with the Crystal Reports XI SDK could view reports made in CR 9.5, and I think compatibility extended down to CR 8 as well.

No, really. BAM is right. It's a very easy to use API. (Well, it was when I used it a hair over three years ago.)
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Thanks GDI.

Now I just need to find a suitable compiler, avail myself of the necessary programming skills and BAM!, I'm there?

I'm no programmer and varsity programming is a far-off memory.

Anyone else?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Oh, sorry dude. I thought you could program.
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

No prob - I often wish I'd retained and added to the meager programming skills I'd acquired. <regretfull sigh>

So - who's a bored programmer?

Lemmetjie!!!
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey