Backup Solution Needed

Any software related topics go in here.
Koko_Lion

Backup Solution Needed

Post by Koko_Lion »

Hay Guys

I am needing a backup solution that can send email notifications, like the summary report. I have tried differant apps and googled like mad, but can't find something that works.

Backing up using the Windows Server 2008, and setup the email notification on the event viewer, but that doesn't give outgoing authentication support.

Anybody know of something that could work.

Free if possible :P
Koko_Lion

Re: Backup Solution Needed

Post by Koko_Lion »

Ok, above issue resolved. Wrote my own script that works, bit brain numbing but it works pretty sweet.

Now i have a new problem. I need too backup 50+ users .pst files. Incremental backup with most program I use sees the .pst as changed and backs up the whole file. Thats a problem when you have 50+ computers with an average size pst of 2GB's. Network takes to much strain.

Besides giving everyone flashdrives, is there a way to just backup the new data within a pst rather the entire file, a program somebody perhaps come across. I really have to have the network running as efficiant as possible.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Dunno, but Google says this will do it: http://www.safepstbackup.com/
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Oh I tried that one. Still backs up the whole file. Anyway, I proposed the company improve there network to run at a gigabit. Will see how that works out then.