Ejay SE2 woes

Any software related topics go in here.
Dukedom

Ejay SE2 woes

Post by Dukedom »

I have a bit of a problem on my hands. The other day I had a hankering to try out Total Ejay SE 2 again, after not having experimented with it for several years. I have some old songs backed up that I worked on in that program that I wouldn't mind either working on again or at least converting to mp3s if they're finished.

The only trouble is that I had a major turn out of PC Format magazines and CDs some time ago - some I kept and others I didn't keep. Now I managed to keep the one PC Format CD that I used to run the program, but the original disc that had the installer on it is gone, sadly. I've looked for it to no avail.

What can I do? Do I order a back issue of PC Format and get the the disc with the program - would they even still have it? Would one still be able to get the program for free, legally of course? I've got other ideas in my head but I won't make this original post too long. I may list them later on.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Ejay SE2 woes

Post by Ron2K »

I know of several forum users that still hoard old copies of the magazine (and possibly the cover discs as well); they may be able to help you out. Here's one such user.

I very much doubt that the mag publishers have old copies that are that old, but I'll have a chat to them later.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

or..
  • i) visit ejay.com
    ii) click on "Free Download"
    iii) download your free version..
    iv) ???
    v) make groovy tunes... or whatever hideous noise that skrillex demon engages in...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

I remember that disc clearly but it was so long ago that it has long since disappeared from the archives.

I wish I could be of more help but your only hope is to download it from the links posted above.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

I still remember this. EJays is one of the reasons I don't have much respect for this type of music. I made (what I thought) a decent sounding mix on my old Celeron 300MHz back in the day. If I can do it, anyone can.

The Allstars package goes for € 9.99. Not bad if you are into that stuff.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Dukedom

Post by Dukedom »

Ejay SE 2 doesn't seem to be there on that site. They're offering all that stuff for free? What's the catch?

I wanted that specific version, because even though I have other Ejay products, they won't load the old mixes I made. I imagine you would need all the samples imported or something. You can import samples but it would be impractical to go through all those hundreds or even thousands of samples manually. And even then I doubt it would actually work.

If there were a way to convert mix files to audio files outside of Ejay... that would help.

Anyway, thanks all for your suggestions.