Too many files open for sharing

Any software related topics go in here.
brabham

Post by brabham »

Hi Guys

So I'm having this issue at work and I have not yet been able to find a fix other than to re-image the machines.

We have a novell network with each user assigned their own workspace(a folder on the network to save their data). Some users however, are experiencing trouble creating folders in their workspace with the error in the subject coming up when they try to. They are however, able to create files and folders within existing folders.

I have tested the user accounts on different machines and they are then able to write new folders/files to their share which tells me its not account specific but, indeed machine specific.

I dont wanna have to re-image machines all the time because of this as there must be a simpler solution. Any consideration would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
brabham

Re: Too many files open for sharing

Post by brabham »

wow! nobody? not one? fyi I have been googling but not finding anything. :/
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Restart everything?
Or give the server a kick?
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
senile

Re: Too many files open for sharing

Post by senile »

brabham wrote:....which tells me its not account specific but, indeed machine specific...
You have already identified the problem. Now go and reset the machine permissions on the server :P