Any software related topics go in here.
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Information System Software

Post by DarkRanger »

No idea where to post this or if I have made a post like this before, so please help out if I did.

Our company wants to launch an informative information system. Basically it's a few screens in our branches that plays back clips that are either entertainment (funny clip, music video, etc), informative (employee focus, something about a project etc) or sport (either live action sport or previously saved clips).

The clips run their duration, and then move onto the next category (so let's say it runs a music video for the duration (example: 3 mins) it then moves to the live sport action (streamed via DSTV online, 1minute) and then moves to a information clip (project info, 1 minute) )

I want to know what is the best way to do this, how do I approach it, is their software that can do this? Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
garp

Re: Information System Software

Post by garp »

Is this like what you see in banks (i'm thinking along the lines of those displays you see in standardbank).. If so, i'm also interested in how thats setup...
Cooler Master RC-690 CM 690
Intel Core i7 950 3.06 GHz
MSI R5870
2 x 1TB WD Black
Corsair DDR3-1600 6GB DOMINATOR
Intel SmackOver DX58SO MB
Corsair TX650W Power Supply - 650W
Samsung P2350 23"
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Excepting for the streamed DSTV you could probably just have used MS media player set to random?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Ah we have this setup in our office. main entrance tv plays a video on loop.

each department has tv screen connected to pc that displays current departmental stats.

Although each of these stats displays are custom made. so can't help u with the software side.

We do have woopra and some other website traffic monitoring app also on but can't remember the name of it.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU