Windows 7 SP1

Any software related topics go in here.
lancelot

Windows 7 SP1

Post by lancelot »

Has anyone installed the SP1? I have downloaded it, it loads about five files but I do not know waht to do with them. Before I make a mess, maybe somebody could advise?

There is:
Win7 SP1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxchk.symbols
Win7 SP1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxfre.symbols
SQL server
windows6.1xxxxxxxxx-86

and two read me's which are garbage.
I do have no idea what to do with these things.
IcePick88

Re: Windows 7 SP1

Post by IcePick88 »

The windows6.1xxxxxxxxx-86.exe if you are running 32bit.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

thanks
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

64bit wont even run under 32 bit so that's fine. Fre, I presume, is French.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

aaaaaah, that makes sense.
andrekruger

Post by andrekruger »

i did, was just one big file (64bit), and it installed no problems at all.
i7 930 (4 GHz)
Gigabyte X58A - UD3R
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz (3 x 2Gb)
Huntkey 900W Modular PSU
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1Gb
CoolerMaster HAF 922
Samsung 2494 HS
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Mine was auto update and 70megs.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Is it stable?

Any bugs?
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Yes well it's not like W7 was Vista in the first place and all the updates you do overtime are just compacted into one bundle known as SP1 so you really don't need to download the whole thing. Just know that it's a grouping of individual updates. They just test the service packs to make sure that installing 100+ updates at once won't destroy your windows install.

Install it and it'll be fine-just be patient and leave it complete. If you don't youll pay.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

Well i have installed every update ever released for windows 7 so how much of an update should i expect?
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

50-70 odd megs I rate. Nothing much really and worth the extra few patches. Win7 needs it.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

^^ Kernel version number. The "Windows 7" name is just marketing.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
A_BULLET

Post by A_BULLET »

Is it only me or does anybody also sees everything prometheus is writing just as a lot of dots ?
Core i5 760
Palit NVIDIA GTX 470
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4
G.Skill 1600mHz DDR3 Ripjaws
Samsung 1TB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
Coolermaster Silent Pro 700w
Buffalo 3 TB USB 3.0 External
Animal

Windows 7 SP1

Post by Animal »

A_BULLET wrote:Is it only me or does anybody also sees everything prometheus is writing just as a lot of dots ?
Same here. What the heck is up with that? Spamming?
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Nah, he got in a fight with some forum members a while back and decided to leave PCF, but before he left he deleted (edited) each and every one of his posts. :shrug:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

A_BULLET wrote:Is it only me or does anybody also sees everything prometheus is writing just as a lot of dots ?
He decided to leave this site, so edited all his old posts with dots...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eccentricity (behavior)

In popular usage, eccentricity refers to unusual or odd behavior on the part of an individual. This behavior would typically be perceived as unusual or unnecessary, without being demonstrably maladaptive. Eccentricity is contrasted with "normal" behavior, the nearly universal means by which individuals in society solve given problems and pursue certain priorities in everyday life. People who consistently display benignly eccentric behavior are labeled as "eccentrics".

Etymology

From Medieval Latin eccentricus, derived from Greek ekkentros, "out of the center", from ek-, ex- "out of" + kentron, "center". Eccentric first appeared in English in 1551 as an astronomical term meaning "a circle in which the earth, sun, etc. deviates from its center." Five years later, in 1556, an adjective form of the word was added. 129 years later, in 1685, the definition evolved from the literal to the figurative, and eccentric began being used to describe unconventional or odd behavior. A noun form of the word – a person who possesses and exhibits these unconventional or odd qualities/behaviors – didn't appear until 1832.
Depictions of eccentricity

Eccentricity is often associated with genius, intellectual giftedness, or creativity. The individual's eccentric behavior is perceived to be the outward expression of their unique intelligence or creative impulse.[1] In this vein, the eccentric's habits are incomprehensible not because they are illogical or the result of madness, but because they stem from a mind so original that it cannot be conformed to societal norms. English utilitarian thinker John Stuart Mill wrote that "the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigour, and moral courage which it contained",[2] and mourned a lack of eccentricity as "the chief danger of the time".[3] Edith Sitwell wrote that eccentricity is "often a kind of innocent pride", also saying that geniuses and aristocrats are called eccentrics because "they are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd".[4] Eccentricity is also believed to be associated with great wealth. What would be considered to be signs of insanity in a poor person is generally accepted as eccentricity in these people.[5]
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

You could call it dedication - he had lots of posts
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

He must have had lots of time on his hands, to edit all of them :shock: .......but why?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Sojourn wrote:
He decided to leave this site, so edited all his old posts with dots...
Okay, Sojourn said it all. Let's stick to discussion about SP1 and leave the dots alone, okay?
Vector1

Post by Vector1 »

Where can u d-load SP1 and post SP1 updates manually. Don't have internet at home, only at work. YES my home PC Software is legal. Required for my line of work and insurance.