Watercooling Setups - Advice and pics here

Any hardware related topics go here.
CyberGecko

Re: Watercooling Setups - Advice and pics here

Post by CyberGecko »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Okay, got my 930 up to 4.2 GHz! It's running at 1.35 volts, also had to up my PLL, IOH and ICH volts slightly to get it stable, but it seems to be running fine now. Today is a slightly warm and humid day, so load under Prime95 is up to 81 - 83, but normally it's between 77 and 79, which I think is great! What an awesome cooler...
If you can manage to mod it, 2x 140mm Thermalright (Silver Arrow) fans would be good. The stock 120mm fans on the H100 are not that impressive.

Like I said, if you can manage to mount 2x 140mm fans you should gain another few degrees and push your clocks higher:)
Mystical_Titan

Re: Watercooling Setups - Advice and pics here

Post by Mystical_Titan »

CyberGecko wrote:If you can manage to mod it, 2x 140mm Thermalright (Silver Arrow) fans would be good. The stock 120mm fans on the H100 are not that impressive.

Like I said, if you can manage to mount 2x 140mm fans you should gain another few degrees and push your clocks higher:)
I'm pretty happy with the clock speed, 4.2 GHz is a lot! I don't think the 930 would be able to go much higher than about 4.3, but I could be wrong. CPU scaling anyways doesn't play a massive role in games these days.

The stock fans are rather noisy, I want to get some CM fans. They're much quieter for the same performance and I'm also going for the LED look. I'm happy with my temps, so I'm not bothered about more temp drops.

The only temp that bothers me is my Northbridge, it's running rather high.