MS Access 2007 Report design

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
Mclaren

MS Access 2007 Report design

Post by Mclaren »

Hi, When changing the SQL statement in reports, my changes are not saved. any ideas ?
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: MS Access 2007 Report design

Post by Tribble »

I would love to help you but need more info. Firstly do you have rights to make the changes? Where are you making the changes - in Access or in SQL Manager? Is the report based directly on a table or a query?
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

Hi, yes i do, i am developing a db for my work. I am not up to speed with SQL Manager. Thus i do all my coding and stuff in ms access.
once in the design view of the report, i select the reports control source, this is based on an SQL string. I am not using a predefined query.

Fortunatly i have not converted the DB into 2007 format so right now i open the db in 2003 to do the modifications and then continue other development in 2007.

Another issue i am having is that when at module level, and while scripting in vb, when the auto hints come up they don't stay for long. i end up having to type everything out, and additionally this is frustrating cause i am not fully fluent in VB and rely on this auto prmpts all the time. Is this just a bug in 2007 or is there a timer for the auto prompts ?
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

To be honest I have never heard of autoprompts having timers. I am bad as I use parameter queries or combo boxes and then put the VB code into the report. I have not done it in 2007 though. My clients have not upgraded their systems yet.

As I say - I started with parameter queries - which I guess is the same as autoprompts (a box appears where they type in their criteria). It worked well and the box would remain on screen until you pressed enter. It is clumsy though and using queries inflates the database size.

I will have to look at 2007 and see if I can see what is happening. I do it all in VB now as I say, with combo boxes so I have never experienced your problem.
Mclaren

Post by Mclaren »

Cool, thanks anyways.